PDA

View Full Version : 310 hp galant

99BabyBenz-aka Herb
08-04-2002, 12:16 PM
for u guys who want engine swaps and 5 speeds or just more power heres a suggestion find a 3000gt twin turbo and drop it in . [b]

Galant_01
08-04-2002, 12:34 PM
I beleive this was talked about on the Yahoo board and the old TGC board too. We thought it out and it turns out the the 3000GT TT/Stealth TT motor and tranny are mounded opposite of ours! It would take alot of work to get it to mound to our frame because it is turned the wrong way. But anyway... Great thought! It would make for one hella fast Galant! Can you say Galant TT! That would be tight! Now if we could figure out a way to do a AWD conversion also! Then we would be kings! LOL

pinoyesv6
08-04-2002, 03:40 PM
i figured out the easiest way to do this swap. you guys keep talking about engine tranny swaps and all that. why not just a body swap hahaha. do some more cusotm body work and you're str8 haha, just have to do a lil custom work for the streeing and all the accessories.

i mean you are gonna have to do alot of custom work to fit that 3kgt drivtrain into the galant. besides the orientation and the awd, u still need to do some more cusotm work for the twin turbo, piping etc.

2 LOW 4 A FAT HOE
08-05-2002, 11:16 PM
Heres some photos of a twin-turbo installed on a galant....

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/mitsugalantgtz0...otos.yahoo.com/ ('http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/mitsugalantgtz01/lst?.dir=/My+Photos/Twin-Turbo+Galant&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/')

chibisak
08-06-2002, 12:27 AM
thats a VR4
come with Twin turbo.....
6G72TT

Dilemma
08-06-2002, 12:35 AM
wow....Hope MPHUNLIMITED develops the twin turbo for the 8g

sheefo2k
08-06-2002, 01:40 AM
Heres some photos of a twin-turbo installed on a galant....

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/mitsugalantgtz0...otos.yahoo.com/ ('http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/mitsugalantgtz01/lst?.dir=/My+Photos/Twin-Turbo+Galant&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/')

ooooo god look at that

hmm how much would that cost :roll: :roll: :shock:

tlceclipse
08-13-2002, 11:20 PM
I also have an eclipse and asked on that board before i found this site. But the 97-99 2g eclipse spyder uses the sohc 2.4 and the current 3g uses the 2.4 also. does anybody know if a 5-speed from one of these cars would bolt up to an 8g?

houz
08-14-2002, 01:17 AM
why would you need the awd? why notgo fwd use the SL / Base model 5spd with the 6G72TT?

pinoyesv6
08-14-2002, 01:32 AM
why would you need the awd? why notgo fwd use the SL / Base model 5spd with the 6G72TT?
you would want AWD for more traction. with that much power, it would be better to deliver the power to 4 wheels than two. but yea dropping a motor and stranny from a 3kgt isn't that easy since the motor is 180 degrees turned compared to the 8g

I also have an eclipse and asked on that board before i found this site. But the 97-99 2g eclipse spyder uses the sohc 2.4 and the current 3g uses the 2.4 also. does anybody know if a 5-speed from one of these cars would bolt up to an 8g?

the tranny from the 2g eclipse won't work since the 2g is normal rotation while the 8g galant is reverse. the one from the 8g would work but some mods need to be done, the 99 DE was available with a 5spd but most were made with the automatic, jsut something to think about

[quote=99BabyBenz]for u guys who want engine swaps and 5 speeds or just more power heres a suggestion find a 3000gt twin turbo and drop it in . [b]

Had a thought the new Dodge Neon SRT coming out I believe is a 2.4L (turbo) But the thing is the engine is basically the same as ours. The Neon is going to come out with a 5 speed model why wouldn't the tranny from that not fit in ours?

been talking to Mante eh? totally different motor

Which makes me wonder...why is their V6 DOHC while ours is SOHC...

different motor, the vr-4 was made for peformance, not hauling your children around....

T.S.
08-14-2002, 02:28 AM
Had a thought the new Dodge Neon SRT coming out I believe is a 2.4L (turbo) But the thing is the engine is basically the same as ours. The Neon is going to come out with a 5 speed model why wouldn't the tranny from that not fit in ours?

PT Cruiser is coming in a 2.4 Turbo 5-Speed also... Damn them =/

Kingman
08-14-2002, 12:56 PM
ok heres the details so far.

1. The 6g72tt motor and ours spin the same way. In the 3000gt they use an idler gear because the motor is mounted 180^.

2. The 6g72tt and older 6g72's had dohc. But the bolt pattern is not the same, so no they will not bolt up.

3. The 6g72tt has the same bolt pattern on the exhause manifold as ours. Haha you are thinking.

4. I have 2 6g72TT exhaust manifolds on order.

5. Intercooler and piping as well as custom downpipes is going to cost a boatload.

6. The stock 3000gt and DSM injectors will fit directly into our cars. 3000gt is about 350cc(?) and the DSM's are 450cc.

7. This should be good with tuning to about 10lbs of boost

8. 3000gt turbo's are not cheap either because they are almost specific mount because of only having 3 bolts instead of 4.

Hope this helps

Kingman
09-11-2002, 03:05 PM
The intake is on the wrong side for our cars, so new motor mounts, plumbing for intake which would have to be done. Tranny mounts possibly.

Reelax
09-11-2002, 05:50 PM
Which makes me wonder...why is their V6 DOHC while ours is SOHC...

our V6 SOHC is 3.0 while that VR4 v6 DOHC is a 2.5...

TJC
09-11-2002, 08:00 PM
I think you are all missing the most basic points. First of all, almost anything is possible with enough money and customization to make it work! But that's obviously not what most of us is willing to do or spend.

Same engines 4G64 2.4 SOHC or 6G72 3.0 SOHC on other vehicles can mate with any tranny from another vehicle with same engine. THAT is not the problem. The problem is with the different designs of the tranny/chassis/drivetrain/body/and maybe other things. Depending on the differences, that is what you need to do to accommodate these differences. That's why PinoyESV6 was thinking/suggesting it would be easier to start with the engine/chassis/drivetrain of another vehicle to start with and just drop the body of the galant on that. Unfortunately, each have their issues and everything is obviously so integrated together, is it really possible to take apart those individual parts and put it back together to work as a Galant and is it worth it? That is the question.

Ghost Beat
09-11-2002, 11:45 PM
heh yea im still considering it i had this idea a couple of months ago as for if its worth it or not it depends how much you like your car if your just holding out to get somethign else then no if your in love with your car kinda like i am then its most definately worth it

SpicyGalant
12-26-2005, 11:28 PM
uhh back to english ... are we saying a spyder engine can NOT be dropped in an 8g because its the reverse? somewhere in this post, i got lost. all im tryna do is learn more about my car lol in comparison to other mitsu's

(i4 8g)

Hodgson316
12-27-2005, 12:21 AM
uhh back to english ... are we saying a spyder engine can NOT be dropped in an 8g because its the reverse? somewhere in this post, i got lost. all im tryna do is learn more about my car lol in comparison to other mitsu's

(i4 8g)

ummm back from the dead, lol.

ok heres the skinny.....

The 95-99(2g) eclipse spyder engines won't sit in the 8g engine bay so it won't work.... while the 2000-2004 eclipse spyders have the same exact engines as the 8g galants, so the 3g eclipse engines will fit in the 8g galant (but you can't put a v6 in an i4 and vice versa)