PDA

View Full Version : *UPDATE*new mods!

ConceptSleeper
04-19-2003, 01:54 AM
well after much procrastinating(have had the parts for a week now) and engine problems, i have parked the 6g (looking into motor swap)and have begun "round 1" mods which include all interior pieces(dash, a pillars,etc...) which are brown, which are being replaced with black, Black Sparco Torino seats, Black Sparco Street Clubman 4 point bolt in seatbelt harness, and a relocated OD switch with a Razo Auto Competition shift knob, also replacing the carpeting. THis is known a full blown Project car no longer a daily driver, i am documenting the transformation and will be posting the pics and info on my site which i am starting to build tonight!!
any input suggestions would be welcomed!! will post site link as soon as i get it up and running

Proud Galant Driver
04-19-2003, 02:00 AM
hey great to hear. let me know as soon as you get that site up so i can see whats going on.

seth98esT
04-19-2003, 02:39 AM
id reccomend that if u get racing harness' that you upgrade to a rollcage also. cause if u roll ur car the harnness will keep you straight up to the seat and crush you :biggrin:

ConceptSleeper
04-19-2003, 04:15 AM
thanks for the tip me and a buddy of mine who does a lot of welding were talking about that possibility earlier today

ConceptSleeper
06-21-2003, 11:35 AM
ok i am having trouble with my digi cam so i am taking pics the old school way and after developing them will give them to a buddy who will scan them all onto a CD-RW for me so work with me.

Ok the interior used to be a brown color and the interior roof and rear view mirror all cream colored, not anymore i painted every plastic piece with Flat Black enamel with plenty of Matte Clear coat(so no chipping), i removed the dash and all the door panels, the visors(basically all vinyl items) and painted them with Flat Black Vinyl Paint(stuff is great), i removed the rest of the interior to include all Fabric items the roof inside the back deck where the speakers are etc.. and used Ebony(black) Fabric paint to change these colors as well.

Thats this past weeks work...
While the dash is out i am going to install my guage faces, and am trying to find a deal on some black carpet to replace the brown.

I started to sand the exterior as well removed the fenders etc... and am planning to primer by the end of this week, and am going to paint the car a flat black metallic with a semi-gloss clear coat with a good bit of dulling agent in the mix, then i will move onto the body kit and the wing as well as all lighting.

i am also considering removing the a/c controls and putting my guages in those holes??? wonder how it would turn out...

like i stated i am trying to get pics up as soon as i can, and will keep updating!!!!!!!

ken inn
06-21-2003, 02:55 PM
how did you get brackets to mount in the seats? i searched for 2 years for brackets for my recaros, i finally got a pair of brackets out of japan. wedge makes brackets for up thru my 88 galant, but no one in the us has brackets for 89 and later. if you have the mouse track belts, even the jdm brackets are a very tight fit.

ConceptSleeper
06-22-2003, 09:30 PM
i actually ended up selling the torinos and harnesses a little after the original post to catch up financially since i have a little one on the way anyday now, so i never got to install them, i was actually going to custom make a set of brackets. but thanks for the info, my plans as of now is to finish all my interior work, bodywork then onto the 4G63T swap.(interior work isnt costing as much as the engine swap and bodykit and bodywork that is planned)