PDA

View Full Version : A big gap underneath my new projector headlights

xazilizax
07-01-2012, 01:59 PM
So, I bolted on the projector headlights and looked underneath it to find that there is a big gap underneath it. Is there something I can do to fix that?

Here's a pic:
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/4637/phototcd.jpg

oakrdrs187
07-01-2012, 09:54 PM
Make sure you mounted it correctly with the guide clip on on the grill side inserted to the radiator support, other than that, yep they are terribly made, I had those, just gotta live with it. Another thing you can try is loosening all the bolts and and tighten them down as you put pressure on the light to close the gap.

rowdyprouty
07-01-2012, 11:57 PM
Looking at the picture it appears that they have some upward tilt because if you look at the corner where the parking/signal light is, it's not lined up with the fender. My guess would be that yes the are not 100% OEM, but maybe if you shim the top out somehow. I think the top mounting tab may have slotted openings, if not you could make them, also the bolt by the parking/signal light corner could be pulling them funky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

xazilizax
07-02-2012, 02:50 PM
Well, I am will fix the end properly, but that still does not get rid of the gaps. I was told that it might be USDM headlights, which does not fit right on my 00 Galant. I really don't want to send them back, so if anyone knows if there is something I can do or get to fill in the gaps and not make it look too tacky, I would really appreciate it.

rowdyprouty
07-02-2012, 08:40 PM
Oh I'm sorry I guess no one asked if your car was usdm or if your overseas somewhere. If you don't have a usdm the yeah those will always look funky due to the jdm - other markets using different sized lights.

xazilizax
07-02-2012, 08:54 PM
I Am in the USA.
If you Or if u know anyone that knows how I can fill the gap let me know.

rowdyprouty
07-02-2012, 09:11 PM
Jdm bumper? Just the way you said they are usdm and that could be the problem led me to think maybe it's not a usdm car or bumper.

johnygezony
07-02-2012, 10:23 PM
Most people have that gap and can't really do much about it. it is just they way the headlights are made

djhah
07-03-2012, 12:08 AM
I have a gap just like that on my g, usdm bumper cover with jdm heads.

beam514
07-04-2012, 06:27 PM
My stock headlights have a small gap beneath them as well; however the headlights you posted appear to just not be lined up correctly, but you said you tried to line it up, so who knows.