PDA

View Full Version : knocking

rheard3353
04-20-2003, 10:51 PM
hey what do i do about a loud tapping when the engine is running ive tried all the additives and none seem to work need help bad thanks a million in advance randy heard

manybrews
04-21-2003, 06:59 AM
find out what it is and fix it.

Rasko Da Gama
04-21-2003, 08:29 AM
Yo Randy!
I have familiar problem too, but I hear tapping only for the first 5 minutes when I start the car. When the engine is warmed up - it stops...
Some mechanic told me that it is some "spacing" in the valves and it is not a major problem - so I left it as it is. Is your engine dtapping all the time or just when it's not warmed up?

[FIN]Teme
04-21-2003, 01:29 PM
don't know excatly the word in english but it's the "hydraulic valve lifters" that make that noise.... one or more of them are broken or won't get enough oil. U cannot tell by the looks of one lifter if it's broken or not.

but if u have oil, and still u hear the sound, i suggest u buy new hydraulic valve lifters, they aren't very expensive and are easy to install.

peanotation
04-21-2003, 01:38 PM
i know this is pretty obvious, but go to a mechanic shop, and they'll tell you for free. people come in all the time to my shop and bitch about problems,a nd we tell them right off the bat what it is.

rheard3353
04-21-2003, 07:56 PM
hey thanks for all the replys its making the sound all the time im goning to see a doctor my baby is sick again thanks