PDA

View Full Version : lots of q's regarding VIS kit.....

2k2mitsu
04-21-2003, 01:49 PM
1) im hearing alot about reinforcements needing to be taken out.. true or untrue? and how dangerous can this be?
2)how hard is it to have this kit (VIS or Initial V) put onto a US galant? because i need to tell the shops before i can get a really accurate estimate. what needs to be done?
3)can i actually drive with 18s and the progress drop with this kit, or will i be too low? meaning am i gonna fuck this kit up if i buy it?
4)for whoever had this kit installed, what was the average price? because i can get a local shop to install and paint for around 800 depending on how drastic the work needs to be to have it fit.
thans for the help and patience

Xavier22
04-21-2003, 01:59 PM
1-true, for the front, i've been told that u have to custom make a t-bar, but most members rather go the other route and just completely take it off!! as for the rear, again i heard that u have to conpletely remove this rear bumper reinforcement bar, which means kaboom, if u ever get rammed in the back!! - basically, the body man thats fixing my car in june told me if i get this kit, he won't put it on w/o making a reinforcement bar!!

2.bolt-on - headlight gapping issues like all kits for our galants!!

3.yes and no, u can('t), cali's driving w/ 19's and a vis kit w/ a 394 rear bumper and ground controls!!! progree might sit too low for the kit, but i dont thinkg the vis kit sits lower thn the shogun!

4.depends on any custom work done, such as custom t-bar made or covering the headlight/bumper gaps etc etc !

search 2k, search :twisted:

2k2mitsu
04-21-2003, 02:22 PM
thanks for some info.....appreciated....

Tiptronic
04-21-2003, 02:43 PM
1) im hearing alot about reinforcements needing to be taken out.. true or untrue? and how dangerous can this be?
2)how hard is it to have this kit (VIS or Initial V) put onto a US galant? because i need to tell the shops before i can get a really accurate estimate. what needs to be done?
3)can i actually drive with 18s and the progress drop with this kit, or will i be too low? meaning am i gonna fuck this kit up if i buy it?
4)for whoever had this kit installed, what was the average price? because i can get a local shop to install and paint for around 800 depending on how drastic the work needs to be to have it fit.
thans for the help and patience

i had one shop tell me a grand without looking at it, but its going to end up being more, cause the guy i bought it from sold me a shitty front bumper

Xavier22
04-21-2003, 02:45 PM
well, see u can save the majorit of that and bolt it on yourself w/ help froma friend, u might need to make a couple mounting points just to be safe, but if u do that yourself, then all you gotta pay for is paint job, but then again i'm just speaking for the front bumper!!

hey anthony, whats wrong w/ your front bumper, yo?

Prophet
04-21-2003, 03:01 PM
Or if you are willing to wait you can join my GB.

http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11688 ('http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11688')

Tiptronic
04-21-2003, 05:25 PM
well, see u can save the majorit of that and bolt it on yourself w/ help froma friend, u might need to make a couple mounting points just to be safe, but if u do that yourself, then all you gotta pay for is paint job, but then again i'm just speaking for the front bumper!!

hey anthony, whats wrong w/ your front bumper, yo?

one of our very own members gave me the shaft. said the shit was brand new. bought it thinking the cat was giving me a good deal. lets just say it wasnt. going to a body shop on wednsday to see if its still useable. i hate liars, and worse, i hate thieves. every dog has his day though, so....

anyway, back to the topic. it is my undersatnding the initial v IS NOT a bolt on. clarify your info, king

GaLanT
04-21-2003, 07:32 PM
WHY THE FUCK DO YOU KEEP INSISTING IT WAS AT ONE POINT ON MY CAR?!?

Niytrus
04-21-2003, 07:37 PM
Everyone I have talked to who has this kit has said it is not a direct bolt on. The front bumper if anything is the only thing that is close to a direct bolt on. I talked to someone with it on, and the skdeskirts needed to be modified, and the rear bumper needed to be extremely modified. If you want this kit and want a DIRECT BOLT ON, then just out the GB we have going for a direct bolt on US spec initial v kit....

http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11688 ('http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11688')

I called an body shop and they gave me an estimate for $1,000 to put this kit on. If we get the GB in production, there would be no need to take it to a shop, all that would be needed would be to have it painted.

Xavier22
04-22-2003, 12:16 PM
alright Anthony - to clarify - as you know, the front bumper is a direct
bolt-on, but then again you can just bolt it on or u can fill in the gaps--->it all amount to $$!!!

as for the side skirts, u know that those have to be cut to be molded on to fit, right Ant..!!

as for the rear initial v bumper, well, u gotta remove the reinforcement bar or else it won't fit, from what members told me w/ the initial v, you gotta make a few new mounting points in the rear, but no siginificant modifications have to be done to fit it!!!

bacchus
04-23-2003, 08:43 PM
i go tthe kit and all u need to take out is the fome in your back bumper and u will have to molds the rear bumper in.. shave down the eges ans that is about it that is how i did mine. as for the side skirts...they are a bitch......... but it only took me like 3 hours to get them on.... a lot off grinding.... i sold my front so i do know know how that works

Tiptronic
04-23-2003, 09:00 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bacchus)</div><div class='quotemain'>i go tthe kit and all u need to take out is the Â*fome in your back bumper and u will have to molds the rear bumper in.. shave down the eges ans that is about it that is how i did mine. as for the side skirts...they are a bitch......... but it only took me like 3 hours to get them on.... a lot off grinding.... i sold my front so i do know know how that works</div>

what front you got on it now. BTW, if thats your car in the avatar, its pretty sweet

2k2mitsu
05-19-2003, 09:08 PM
also, since the 2002s have a different front bumper,does this make it any easier or harder to have the vis installed?

NightHawkTL
05-19-2003, 09:18 PM
BK, are u in Jersey now? if so what shop are u gong to in our area?

2k2mitsu
05-19-2003, 09:50 PM
nah man, not yet...im workin my ass off in ft lauderdale...i got prob like amth and ahalf before i get up there...probably looking at late july.... i need to make $ for my kit and hood