PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Questions

wmaharrisjr
04-21-2003, 04:00 PM
Hi one of my friends "happened" upon a few turbo's and he offered me one. I am interested but I also have some concerns. First thing is there anything I really need to worry about? Like will I have to do any engine build up or will a see any major potential problems. Things such as a Intercooler and gauges, are they just an important OPTION or a MUST HAVE? I don'tmind the intercooler so much but I like my stocky look of my interior so I would really prefer not to have gauges. Also in a typical set up what type of power will i looking at with an average/general amount of boost?

Sorry I have so many questions I know they may be dumb to some but I have never considered even getting a turbo until today when my friend told me about the one he had for me. Any other knowledge will be appreciated

Thanks

burthold
04-21-2003, 04:04 PM
I would do a search here in this category and search on neweclipse.org as well.

Wes

escoson
04-21-2003, 04:08 PM
it all depends on how much boost/power you want. as for you not wanting to emss with your interior. boost controllers come in small sizes (some smaller then a gameboy) and as for gauges ide just go with a pillar pod same color as your pillars are now. it wont look bad.

HiperSilver
04-21-2003, 09:20 PM
boost controllers arent neccesary in the cabin, manual ones are under th hood. What kind of turbo you have

youll need an intercooler, a stock dsm one will work fine. Stock internals are fine for about 6 psi to be safe. You NEED GAUGES, AFC, and a EGT to monitor your boost and if its not breakin on you. Youll need exhuast manny, turbo, injectors, etc etc. get a small boost guage and egt gauge and tahts all youll need.

Prolly lookin around 1500-2g for the instal, afc, all the hardware to get you up and running safetly, if you need anything such as a exhuast manifold, intake manifold, turbo if u dont have one, any parts, contact me i can get them for you really really cheap.