PDA

View Full Version : new to galant w/ cel codes???

phatboyslim12
08-12-2012, 11:15 AM
hey i just purchased my first Galant, its a 2002 LS V6.

i paid an unbelievable price and for the most part i love the car so far...

the check engine light is on and i have a reader, codes are as follows

P0141 - HO2S-12 (Bank 1 Sensor 2) Heater Circuit Malfunction

p0431 - Warmup Catalyst Efficiency Low (Bank 2)

P0403 - EGR Control Solenoid Circuit Malfunction.

so i bought the bank 1 sensor 2 o2 the other day have yet to install, but is it possible the egr could be causing the 02 codes? or vice versa. i just dont wanna replace a part thats not broken.

also for the p0403, will i need an egr or just the egr vacuum solenoid??? autozone sells the solenoid for half the price of the egr valve
any help would be appreciated...

bgood12
08-12-2012, 03:32 PM
I know the egr code, iits the egr solenoid. Let me check part number for you, I got this code last week, and had outlander intake manifold had the same part so I swapped them out and cleared the code its been a week and no code came back but it is for sure the solenoid. Let me check part number for you, its same as my galant so the part number either Mr127520 or Md367541. But it was a quickchange without taking the intake off I'm not sure how easy it is to get to on the v6 but its on passenger side of intake manifold.

phatboyslim12
08-13-2012, 11:46 AM
I know the egr code, iits the egr solenoid. Let me check part number for you, I got this code last week, and had outlander intake manifold had the same part so I swapped them out and cleared the code its been a week and no code came back but it is for sure the solenoid. Let me check part number for you, its same as my galant so the part number either Mr127520 or Md367541. But it was a quickchange without taking the intake off I'm not sure how easy it is to get to on the v6 but its on passenger side of intake manifold.

thank you, ill replace it as soon as i have the cash, and yes its basically the same place very easy to get to