PDA

View Full Version : Driver Side window wont roll up (cant find fuse)

XeoNoX
08-26-2012, 11:26 PM
2007 galant 2.4L ..... So my window out of no where just stopped rolling up/down. Im pretty sure its a fuse and not the lift motor just by how it malfunctioned. The only problem is that i went to go check the fuse and i cant understand the diagram/picture/sign on the panel to find out what fuse it is. Normally they label the fuse with WORDS not SIGNS, they are some horrible SIGNS that mitsubishi decided to draw. Can someone tell me what # fuse and/or relays to check for the driver side window on my 2007 galant.

tamim13
08-27-2012, 10:26 AM
Check your owners manual it should have the words as well as the signs.

Are you sure it's not your window switch that might be malfunctioning? Are all the other windows working with your main controls?

This thread (https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=51323)shows the fuses for the 8g, PM Isaurio and ask him if he can get you the same diagrams for the 9g.

XeoNoX
08-27-2012, 10:53 AM
Check your owners manual it should have the words as well as the signs.

Are you sure it's not your window switch that might be malfunctioning? Are all the other windows working with your main controls?

This thread (https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=51323)shows the fuses for the 8g, PM Isaurio and ask him if he can get you the same diagrams for the 9g.

Yes all the other windows are working, its just the driver side, it just stopped working with no prior signs of "going out". Normally if its the lift motor it "goes out" real slow of time, thats why i figured it was a fuse/relay, but im not 100% sure. Any ideas? Its still hot where i live (as a matter of fact its the hottest time of the year) and i really need my window!

Reelax
08-27-2012, 12:10 PM
it may be the min switch panel in your driver door. check connections and wiggle them to retest, could be just a bad or loose connector.

XeoNoX
08-27-2012, 12:36 PM
it may be the min switch panel in your driver door. check connections and wiggle them to retest, could be just a bad or loose connector.

wake up this moring and my window is working again...so thats exactly what it is i think because just by opening and closing the door a couple times my window started working again. that sux that means im gunna have to tear down my drivers side door panel soon to fix whatever the problem is in there. thanks guys for all the help and time

Reelax
08-27-2012, 12:57 PM
the door panels are actually easier than you think to remove, just a couple screws and clips.

XeoNoX
08-30-2012, 02:11 PM
It went back out again, something is shorting, depending on how hard i slam the door sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. well i guess its between paying $200 or fixing it myself.

Q1) So i guess im gunna fix it myself, any tips or instructions on getting the door panel off?

Q2) Also any "heads up" ideas what it could be once get the panel off?

Q3) U mentioned the "min switch panel" (is that the switch that controls the windows)?

Reelax
08-30-2012, 02:53 PM
sounds like a loose connector to the switch panel (main window switches). usually door cards come off w/ a few screws and clips. i don;t have a 9G so i can't tell you off hand but every car i have dealt w/ has the door cards held on pretty much the same way. someone here w/ a 9G can chime in, or u can search it on google... there is bound to be a diagram or tutorial on taking apart the doors.

XeoNoX
08-31-2012, 12:26 PM
thanks, I've taken apart my friends' doors before to fix the window lift motors but i always seem to break a "clip" or two (luckily for me the door/window panel always went back on straight). I'm trying to take this door apart without any broken clips! Well wish me luck and thanks for the reply and your time. I guess Ill get a printout from my local autoshop's MOD (Mitchell) schematics and instructions and then start looking for "shorts" (i hate "Intermittent" shorts they are a pain in the a$$ to pinpoint)

LosAngelesRider
10-05-2012, 02:16 AM
Had the same issue on my car. Its was the motor. Had some local shop do a Mickey Mouse fix for $80. Worked for about 3 Months and it gave out again. Need to buy a new part...