PDA

View Full Version : warmup catalyst p0431

phatboyslim12
09-01-2012, 10:50 AM
So I'm still getting the p0431 warmup catalyst bank 2, so here's some info.

When I first got the car it posted p0300, p0430, and p0431 " after b2 s2 o2 change"
I replaced cap and rotor "rotor was missing a chunk", and did timing belt etc, it was also off a tooth at crank shaft....

I still get p0431, but that's the only code and it is random

Ideas on how to remedy this code, i have to get emissions done soon and wont pass if it keeps throwing that code

GeeMode
09-25-2012, 12:16 AM
A new Bank 2 pre cat is your friend...

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_exhaust-products-bosal_10024213-p

phatboyslim12
10-01-2012, 09:09 PM
yea, thanks for the part #'s too geemode, i have a basic ratchet set and seems to look easy enough to replace, you think the old cat will be fused with the piping attached? the exhaust looks in VERY good condition considering age, mileage, and location, i just dont want to get into a project and end up needing extra tools etc. i plan on replacing both precats since they have 216K miles on em...

recently my car began to run a bit rough intermittently, tonight it ran rough i parked at work and let it run rough idling, and all of a sudden it revved up a little and started running nice again, "like it was clogged up and cleared up", i have also been seeing the cel come on in shorter intervals

imback
10-03-2012, 12:53 AM
Sounds like a clogged cat to me.

phatboyslim12
10-03-2012, 02:37 PM
thats what i am thinking also. but my mechanic said it sounds like an iac "idle air control" and to tap the iac the next time its running rough to see if it clears up...

i have noticed the roughness everyday and is completely random, as is the p0431 code.

but the mil does not illuminate when it runs rough...

i can say that the mil has not illuminated since i last reset it, yet anyway. im trying to get it inspected before the cat fails completely...

i am buying the bank 2 cat from rock auto as the price is pretty good...

bronxbombr
10-05-2012, 03:26 AM
I have both the cats, and I sell to rock auto so get it from me for about 10% cheaper than rock would sell it.

phatboyslim12
10-05-2012, 06:47 AM
I have both the cats, and I sell to rock auto so get it from me for about 10% cheaper than rock would sell it.

wait rock auto is used parts lol, anyway you have both v6 cats!!! im planning on getting the one near the firewall first then the one near the rad.

whats your price???