PDA

View Full Version : Cruise control not working

Joker96
09-10-2012, 11:53 AM
the light on the instrument panel lights up, but it doesn't work. how can i troubleshoot this?

bgood12
09-10-2012, 05:19 PM
Go to google search thegalantcenter factory manual. Then after you download the files look for the section on crusie control or look in dex to see what section and it should have step by step what to check.

foxbrand
09-10-2012, 05:28 PM
Does your horn work? If not, check your fuses, the light is independent of the actual unit

Reelax
09-10-2012, 06:22 PM
do you have LED tail lights? if so you will need to put load equalizers on the brake bulb socket positive wires... your cruise control thinks the brakes are being pressed, so it will not set (since pressing the brakes discontinues cruise control).

tamim13
09-10-2012, 06:54 PM
the light on the instrument panel lights up, but it doesn't work. how can i troubleshoot this?

Old threads on TGC usually point to the vacuum lines being disconnected under the hood. Look behind the oil dipstick, and see if all the vacuum lines going to the cruise control are tightly seated. That was the problem with mine when I bought my 8G too.

Joker96
09-10-2012, 07:34 PM
i tried downloading the manual from here but the link for the file is not working

Gotti
09-10-2012, 10:49 PM
if its a v6 i would check the vacuum line. a lot of them people remove the intake manifold to do the tune up and dont install the vacuum line correctly.

aznlverboy
09-10-2012, 11:56 PM
did you change your stereo head unit or have an aftermarket one? maybe someone didnt install correctly? wires couldve got crossed? this is from personal experience.

Joker96
09-12-2012, 09:03 AM
i used an stereo adapter thing, i didnt really mess with the wiring.

ni2
09-16-2012, 08:38 PM
Had an issue with my GTZ(v6) where the cruse control would work but would not accelerate. I visually checked the vacuum hose and it was ok but unknown to me was that the underside of the hose developed a crack and was causing a vacuums leak. Didn't know it till I tugged on the hose and it came right off. I cut the split portion of and reconnected the hose and it's fixed.

o1naturalhigh
09-18-2012, 09:19 AM
do you have LED tail lights? if so you will need to put load equalizers on the brake bulb socket positive wires... your cruise control thinks the brakes are being pressed, so it will not set (since pressing the brakes discontinues cruise control).
this. this was what i found out the problem was, when mine didn't work.

twisted_galant
01-14-2013, 06:04 PM
Just put load equalizers on my led tails.... Cruise works again... Thanks to the GalantCenter members again.

Joker96
01-14-2013, 06:36 PM
I have no clue if i am running leds or not ill check on that tomorrow. Just for reference what equalizers did you buy?

twisted_galant
01-14-2013, 07:09 PM
I have no clue if i am running leds or not ill check on that tomorrow. Just for reference what equalizers did you buy?
I bought them at work.. Auto Zone. They should be right next to the led bulbs they sell in the same aisle as their regular light bulbs.