PDA

View Full Version : Which member is this (relates to the D3 CSK)

mochanges
04-22-2003, 11:10 PM
This was posted over in neweclipse.org:

Hello,
Yes, this was certainly a little late notice. However we are still looking for opportunities to get this "Track Test" done so we can prove to you all that the CSK-C will improve track times.
We recently had a customer with a Galant go to the track with our CSK-C and he dropped 2 seconds off of his lap time. We do not have all the details, i.e. weather, track temp, etc.. What we do know if that the CSK-C was his only new mod between track visits. Take it for what it is worth. We will provide more track results until everyone is content.
Thank you

It was posted here:

http://www.eclipseforums.org/showthread.ph...831#post1420831 ('http://www.eclipseforums.org/showthread.php?s=&postid=1420831#post1420831')

The reason I want to know is that I would like to ask this person some questions about the CSK kit. Thanks.

-Mohammad

escoson
04-22-2003, 11:13 PM
what is a csk-c?

TWISTED II
04-22-2003, 11:14 PM
its the chassis stiffening kit. i have the kit sitting in my garage, just waiting to get the car back from the body shop.

Ghost Beat
04-25-2003, 03:17 AM
wow thats some good results! how much did this kit cost you twisted?

TWISTED II
04-25-2003, 04:06 AM
hmm, i can't remember. i think it was about 250 or so. once you start spending money, you can't keep track. but it was around 250.

Danger DANJ
04-25-2003, 12:21 PM
Well, it wasn't me, but I'm telling you that I like the kit alot. You can definitely feel the stiffness around corners.

Auto-9
04-25-2003, 12:42 PM
Shhhhhhhhhh it's me. I bought it for 275 but I don't have the price of shipping handy. I took it out to Momentum BMW's track out back, the same one they use for 3 series handling demonstrations. (also where they conduct the demonstration of the X5 on a 60 degree incline etc) It was a very crude way of testing, but it was the only way I could do it cheaply (free) at the cost of exact numbers and details.

mochanges
04-25-2003, 12:48 PM
Ah, I see, as you probably noted, D3 Designs is being attacked by several members on the eclipse forums for making a useless product. Several challenges have been offered and a test has yet to be set up, but I am trying to figure out as much as I can on my own. I personally am undecided, but I am kind of skeptical about the CSK.

-Mohammad

TWISTED II
04-25-2003, 12:53 PM
yeah, i've been on the eclipse forums too and i've seen the threads about the kit being pointless. i dunno, i don't think anyone saying its pointless has the kit. once i get the car running i'll let everyone know how i feel about it.

Auto-9
04-25-2003, 12:55 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mochanges)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ah, I see, as you probably noted, D3 Designs is being attacked by several members on the eclipse forums for making a useless product. Several challenges have been offered and a test has yet to be set up, but I am trying to figure out as much as I can on my own. I personally am undecided, but I am kind of skeptical about the CSK.

-Mohammad</div>

And that's why I stepped in. I have no bias since I really could care less about who made the kit...but it made a difference for every member here that has it (or nearly every member...haven't read a negative review yet). The problem with Club 3G is that instead of saying it doesn't make a difference, they're saying that the bang for the buck is not there. Completely off-topic in their own thread. Bang for the buck perhaps is questionable, but you can't deny that adding 5 stainless steel bars to the underbody won't do anything at all. There's a reason I've seen Toyota Matrix's with chassis stiffening bars bolted underbody...it's because it works. It's also done on the factory Ford special Mustang...forget the model but it has several underbody bars bolted underneath. The reviewers even went as far as saying it was a common "tuner's trick." Might not be worth the 300 bucks in their opinion, but it does do something.

mochanges
04-25-2003, 01:02 PM
Yes, I have been debating whether it's worth the money or not. For about $150, I'd try it, but not for the price they are asking.

-Mohammad

Ghost Beat
04-25-2003, 02:14 PM
maybe we could try a group buy on it, id be in if the price went down. tough id rather wait till more people like twisted get it on a lant and put it through its paces to let us know if its worth it.

Kalamidad
04-26-2003, 01:51 AM
Does a CSK include a front strut?

TWISTED II
04-26-2003, 03:44 AM
theres a kit that comes with one and one that doesn't. i bought the one without cuz i already had one.

Danger DANJ
04-27-2003, 09:31 PM
Whether it's worth the money to you or not, I don't know, I'm certainly not disappointed at all. I bought it in a group buy a while back for $280 shipped. I mean a simple strut bar goes for $90 and the D3 kit is more than just one bar.

By the way, D3 doesn't have a front strut tower bar for the Galant, just the Eclipse. D3 had posted a long time ago for someone to bring them a Galant that they could use to fit the strut bar, but nobody came forward. I wish they did have one though, because it would have a cross design that would bolt to the firewall and be alot better than the Freedom Design bar.