View Full Version : BIG PROBLEM!!NEED HELP PLEASE.....3 codes came up form scan

2 LOW 4 A FAT HOE
04-23-2003, 10:20 AM
Ok, I went to autozone to have my car scanned for a check engine light.....]
Three codes came up on the machine...
First one: Bank 1 running too rich
Second one:Bank 2 running too rich
Third one: Misfiring in one cylinder

Now I am not mechanically incline, so bare with me. Now what could cause this. My mind is saying wires and plugs.The car is a 2001 gtz with 28,500 miles....I was happen no problems, until I installed an CAI. The car worked fine after a week of having the CAI installed. Could it also be the MAF sensor. This part controls the air/gas mixture for the engine.I don't have a clue of whats going on. PLease Help...

Fishboy55
04-23-2003, 10:28 AM
First, I'm removing the sticky. Second, It's probably the CAI causing you to run rich. This is common. Double check everything, but chances are it's just your car getting used to the additional airflow. Make sure you have all the clamps tight, the MAF is facing correctly and connected, etc.

As is mentioned in a number of posts, restting the ECU won't do anything much to help you. Best thing is to drive normally for several days until the ECU normalizes and turns off the SES light. The misfiring in one cylinder could be caused by a bad plug or loose wire. Check to make sure all the wires are tight. You can pull a plug and look at it to see if it has any telltale problems like galzing or pinkish color, etc.

2 LOW 4 A FAT HOE
04-23-2003, 10:34 AM
Sorry for the sticky, I'm just nerved up about what it could be....I've checked the CAI, taken it apart, and put it back together again. If the MAF sensor is no good, would it cause the misfiring. yesterday the car just died on the highway, I press the gas and it would go no where, like there was no air going into the engine.......it hesitated, and stalled. I pulled over to restart it, nothing, Waited 5 miniutes, it started up normal, but with the ses...

Fishboy55
04-23-2003, 10:38 AM
Yea if the MAF was bad, your car would run like crap, rough idle, SES light, etc. It would be the same symptoms as having the MAF unplugged. Have you cleaned your throttle body?? That could also cause some issues. Also double check around the TB to make sure you didnt knock a vacuum hose of the Throttle position sensor or accidently kick the plug loose. There's a lot of stuff around the TB that could be knocked or pinched or unhooked when putting on the intake. Finally, make absolutely sure you put the MAF back on the correct way, so it's not sitting backwards. I know you've done all this, but do it again. Something isn't right. You just need to find out what.

Chip

2 LOW 4 A FAT HOE
04-23-2003, 10:48 AM
Throttle body has been cleaned, all the hoses checked out fine. The MAF makes a weird sound when I drive around too, forgot to mention that.....Chip, Bank#1 and 2 mean O 2 sensors right???Thanks for your help so far. JOSH