PDA

View Full Version : '94 Galant Speedometer Failure

Gaztroan131
11-07-2012, 09:31 PM
Hello, I've got a manual transmission '94 and my speedometer has stopped working. I was driving rather fast; which I usually do, when my speedometer suddenly sank to 0 (but I'm not quite sure if speed would matter). All of my other gauges all work (odometer, fuel, etc.) I had tried to turn the car off and back on, but it didn't do anything. I'm rather concerned about this, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

kolio
11-08-2012, 12:52 AM
it's probably the speed sensor

Galanttuner10
11-08-2012, 06:46 AM
it's probably the speed sensor

I second this. My car did the same thing and it was the speed sensor.check on the back side of the tranny for the sensor, make sure it's plugged in, then look to see if its broken, there is 1 bolt tat holds it into the tranny and then it just pulls out

MitsuboiVRV6
11-12-2012, 10:43 AM
^ + 1 on the speed sensor...

DOHCstunr
11-12-2012, 11:15 AM
If your odometer continues to roll in spite of the dead needle then its your gauge. Also check and see your your cruise control still works.

If not, then I would try swapping out a known good speed sensor from a junk yard. You may also pull your sensor and inspect the gear on it to make sure it is still intact, it is made of plastic after all.

Gauges do wear out. My coolant gauge on the GS would stick after I turned off the car. Lol I'd have to tap the cluster with my finger to get it to calibrate.