PDA

View Full Version : Stuck gas pedal

llatinn4_20
11-15-2012, 09:11 PM
Anytime the weather is below freezing my gas pedal gets stuck. Best way I can explain is after I start i have to stomp on the gas. After the first stomp pedal works fine. Any thoughts anyone?

s4ean
11-16-2012, 01:28 AM
My parent's Honda Accord would do this... can't remember if they ever resolved it or not, I'll have to ask about it.

6G72gearhead
11-16-2012, 06:56 PM
V6 or 4 cyl?

I had a similar problem with a V6 and my issue was due to the throttle cable shield fractured where it mounts on the intake manifold by the throttle body. It would bind up and the return springs did not have appropriate tension to overcome it.

I'm not sure how the 4 cyl is set up, but it could be the same. Check the cable, check the throttle body itself, and check the pedal.

8thLS6
11-17-2012, 11:32 AM
Mine has kinda had a bind on two occasions, but it was a dirty throttle body. I didn't have to mash the gas, but just give it more pressure than usual until it. I just cleaned it with some carb cleaner and some scrubbing pad I bought that I knew would rip or shed parta back into the intake. Also applied the cleaner instead of spraying everything back in the motor.