PDA

View Full Version : Problem...

tgm0186
04-24-2003, 10:03 PM
Thinking the grill would come of rather easily on my 01 galant..but turned out not to go my way..im goin to try to make this clear as possible...we took a screwdriver to the two black clickers...i dont know what im suppost to call them...u push down and then the grill pops out about a half inch from the top ..we got one and it worked then we went to the other one and the lil black piece u push down on popped off(we have the piece) so with it not wanting to click back into the regular place because of this mishap..what in the world should i do..its really not that bad at all..u cant even tell and the grill will not fall off...but how in the hell do i get this grill to click back into place...please help mr. unexperienced...we still have the other one not clicked it.. we just dont now what to do to make it click and stay...wow..call me a retard..but please help me

TJC
04-25-2003, 12:21 AM
You have to "click" if you will ALL (7 total I believe) of the clips so the grill will come off. Only then can you reset each of the clips so you can snap the grill back in securely. Unfortunately, it may be extremely difficult to reset the clip on just a couple of them while the grill is still in place.

It's been a very long time ago that I've done this doing the clear corners mod so I may be a little off with the whole process.

pinoyesv6
04-25-2003, 10:42 AM
i only remember 6. but it could be 7. as long as u get the majority out you shouldn't have a problem. uhm first get the ones in the corners. there are 4. top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right. the there is one on the top in the middle closer to the drivers side. its sideways im believe. and then there is on in the middle on the bottom closer to the passenger side.

as for popping the clips back in, uhm the best way is to remove the grille. if u try to force it to go in you will break the clips. with the grille off. take off the clips from the car and pop them into the grille and then pop the grille back into place