PDA

View Full Version : HELP ME.... Trouble Installing Reverse Indiglo Gauges from

KickerGalant00
08-26-2002, 02:34 AM
Help, I am in the process of installing indiglo gauges in my 2000 galant. i have them in and all set up but i don't know where to put the red and black wires. I read to hard wire them into the dimmer switch the has the harness with 3 wires in it. but which ones do i connect to? also i tried to slide the wires in to the connections on the harness to the dimmer and the buttom that u control the colors came on but not the gauges! dose this sound right, could it not be a good enough connection to turn the gauges on but just the color switch? please help me i need help. oh if anybody knows how do u clear the needles and what size blubs do u replace teh factory gauge bulbs with and what is the best combination red needles with white bulbs? or white blubs with blue needles? if anybody has some advice which looks the best please tell me. oh and what is the best front strut bar out for 2000 galants? thanks everybody.

chris

GalantDoTd
08-26-2002, 06:05 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KickerGalant00)</div><div class='quotemain'> Â*i have them in and all set up but i don't know where to put the red and black wires. </div>

The red wire goes to the green wire on the dimmer switch.
The black wire goes to the plain black wire on the dimmer switch.
The black and yellow wire on the dimmer switch isn't touched.
Use tap-in squeeze connectors to make the connections.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KickerGalant00)</div><div class='quotemain'> oh if anybody knows how do u clear the needles </div>

Use nail polish remover to take the orange off. Then use a red Sharpie marker if you want the needles red.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KickerGalant00)</div><div class='quotemain'> and what size blubs do u replace teh factory gauge bulbs with and what is the best combination red needles with white bulbs? or white blubs with blue needles? </div>

I believe you can use either 194 or 168 bulbs. Someone correct me on that if I am wrong.

Matt

Gizmo
08-26-2002, 11:20 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GalantDoTd)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KickerGalant00)</div><div class='quotemain'> and what size blubs do u replace teh factory gauge bulbs with and what is the best combination red needles with white bulbs? or white blubs with blue needles? </div>

I believe you can use either 194 or 168 bulbs. Someone correct me on that if I am wrong.

Matt</div>

You are right, I bought the 194 bulbs in blue. it was easy to put in and it got rid of the halo effect around the fuel and temp gauge. I want to clear my needles but if I do will it "disappear" with all that blue from the gauges and bulbs?

KickerGalant00
08-26-2002, 04:10 PM
i followed your advice, i connected the red wire to the green and the solid black to the black. the color changer came on but i couldn't see if the gauges were on, it was during the day now. if u turn the gauges on during the day can u see them at all? or no not at all. i just want to get them to work . i think if i ever get these gauges to work i am going to paint the needles red. oh do i need to chjange the bulb or will the factory ones be fine? chris

GalantDoTd
08-26-2002, 07:24 PM
Ok, first let me reply to the "if i clear the needle will i still see the blue light?" Yes but it won't be that bright. It's better to use a sharpie so the light has something to bounce off of.

Now as to whether you can see the gauges during the day. Answer is usually no. Depending on the cludiness or shade you can see it sometimes but usually not. By now it's prob dark where you are and you know the answer. PM or email me if you still have problems. Don't give up yet.

Matt