PDA

View Full Version : engine ticking

Joker96
01-03-2013, 07:42 PM
It happened after i fixed an oil leak on the oil pump. Now it ticks i hate it its a v6 what can i do?

Silvertune
01-03-2013, 10:16 PM
What did you do to fix the leak. If it is a result of you messing with the oil pump then you somehow cut your oil pressure and that's not good. Otherwise it could just be coincidence and the lifters are dirty. If this is case a good crank case flush should take care of it.

Joker96
01-03-2013, 10:25 PM
I had the oil pump replaced. I didnt do the work myself. Other than that am having like a grinding noise when cold and when on D while on parking or N no grinding. I have an tranny oil leak that ill be working on soon. But i dont think they are related

keith6110
01-04-2013, 07:50 AM
If it does happen to be lifter tick, I have a story for you lol.

My timing belt went on my 2.4L galant with 280k miles (plenty of lifter tick). I replaced all the intake valves which required me to take the rockers off along with the lifters. I filled the lifters with engine assembly lube (clevite) and put it back together. Sounded a little funny for the first 10 miles, but absolutely NO tick after 5k miles; runs beautifully even after a good beating lolz.

I'm sure it's both front and rear banks of your engine. If it sounds mainly from the front; pick up a valve cover gasket set and some assembly lube. If you're feeling up to the task of doing both front and rear banks, then get yourself an intake manifold gasket set and might as well do the spark plugs while you're in there.