PDA

View Full Version : Initial V Rear Bumper

Lazarus
04-26-2003, 01:11 AM
WHo all has had problems with their bumpers? I know I have it on Cali Has it on and bacchus but alot of people have had alot of problems with fitting problems. What seems to be the problema nd who are you getting the kits from? think what had to have happened is the companies are trying to make molds of them to sell. I know myself and Cali have some of the first ones to come in the states. And I had no problem except for a little trimming but nothing special. What's really going on?

Prophet
04-26-2003, 01:27 AM
That is what I would like to find out. Can the owners of other Intial V kits let us know what kind of problems that you had with getting them on.

TWISTED II
04-26-2003, 03:47 AM
i bought the rear bumper and wish i could return it. it doesn't fit at all! its 2 inches too short on each side, the angle of the little lip is off, the edges are uneven and the fiberglass is horrible....wavy, cracked. i got mine from GotPerformance.com.

Lazarus
04-26-2003, 08:10 AM
I got mine from TSP and they came in no problems. they worked with me because they didn't even have the kits yet they had like 5 coming in and a couple were already bought so I think I got one Cali got one and I am not sure who got the others. But I am almost willing to bet teh companies (Got Performance) are making molds of the Bumpers and they aren't coming out right. THat's the only way I can see it because the kits are going on Ebay for like $500WHen the one I got was like 750 plus Shipping. So there is something going on.

Tiptronic
04-26-2003, 09:25 AM
actually the one i got was originally purchased from eRacing. the rear seems to be pretty straight. there are a few areas where it will need to be sanded (basic prep i guess), and looks like it will fit okay (with minor cutting) for me its the front bumper thats jacked up :redface:

im still new at this so we will see what the body shop has to say when they try to put it on

Cali
04-26-2003, 12:59 PM
well i believe i was the second person to order the FRONT bumper...i ordered mine from VIS like a week after clay got his. but i never ordered the full kit. i dont have the VIS rear...i have the erebuni.

Devilz498
04-26-2003, 05:39 PM
i ordered mine from erebuni for about a g, and wed. its going into the shop. the shop told me only minor trimming is needed.. and he had worked on a galant that bought his from ebay, and he said compared to my kit from erebuni, the 2 weret toally different. so mebbe thats y there is such a big price gap.. not to bust on anybody, bc its a lot of money, but i guess u get what u pay for.

ill let u know in a few days if i run into any problems when he puts it onl

HeadAche
04-26-2003, 08:18 PM
I think that the demand for them is so high, that companies are rushing to make them and fucking up really bad in the mold, hell take Twisted for example he cant even use his bumper at all..

DrusBish
04-26-2003, 09:54 PM
yeah my rear Initial V bumper didnt work either I got it from TSPRacing.com and they said that I had to take pictures of it and send it to them and they would show the company that made it.Like the other dude said mine is 16n on one side where it wraps around the quarter panels and 18in on the other side. They said they couldnt really do anything about it unless I showed them pictures of it. I havent gotten a chance too take pictures of it yet....But I will soon so I can get a new rear bumper. Let me know if anybody else had problems with it.

Evofreak7
04-28-2003, 01:29 AM
wow what a coincidence I just tried to get my rear initial V bumper on tonight and I had some problems with it. It seemed to have trouble raping round the car.

TWISTED II
04-28-2003, 02:24 AM
yup, thats where the problems are. the point where it wraps around...mine is 2 inches short or each side.

Xavier22
04-28-2003, 07:37 AM
384/shogun rear bumper it is for me in the future - - - i just want the initial v front bumper!! - - - -it's like everybody got different sizes - sorry to hear bout the rearz not fitiing properly or at all.........good luck w/ it!

i hear ya anthony on that bumper u got!!!!

n i was gonna say---cali had the 384/shogun rear! :roll:

Tiptronic
04-28-2003, 09:18 AM
okay, where has everyone gotten their kits from. i know twisted got his from GOT PERFORMANCE. how about the rest of you. what company did you buy from :?:

Lazarus
04-28-2003, 09:29 AM
Alan at TSP Racing

Tiptronic
04-28-2003, 09:48 AM
i am like so worried now that my kit wont fit, its killing me. the car just went into the shop this morning. the bad part is that i am leaving for philly this afternoon, so if its fucked, i wont be able to see it until i come back, which means i cant make arrangements to buy another one. this is not good

HeadAche
04-28-2003, 07:22 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'>Alan at TSP Racing</div>

See Laz and you wanted me to get a kit, and half the guyz cant even get there's 2 fit..

Evofreak7
04-28-2003, 11:02 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'>Alan at TSP Racing</div>

thats the same place I got mine at.

Tiptronic
05-01-2003, 11:13 AM
well after a few days of working with the side skirts and front bumper, which will need to be fiberglassed to correct some deficiencies, the body shop moved on to the rear bumper. <span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>The rear bumper is a piece of shit</span> :redface:

both sides of the rear bumper are exactly 1 3/4 inches too short. the shop said they will try to work it out. by tomorrow, i will know if its useless or not. if it doesnt work out, i will scrap the rear bumper part of the kit so that i will have the money to get the front and sides molded to the frame.

i suggest that anyone that is comtemplating buying any kit from ebay or doing a person to person sale, DONT DO IT!!! Like has been said already, buy your kit from a reputable dealer, so if problems arise, you have the assurance of getting replacement parts. if it means that you have to pay the 1000 or 1100 bucks, then so be it, but you will be happier in the long run.

here i stand, having paid $550 for a kit, and will probably end up paying about an extra $1000 in parts and labor to get it to look right. experience (mine) is telling you, take the harder righter over the easier wrong.

okay, well i going to jump off my roof now :roll:
i hope the rest of you that have come into the same problem, have some possible solutions, cause i really need one.

Xavier22
05-01-2003, 11:52 AM
damn ant, well hows your front bumper measure up, when u take off your current oem one!!! u said you're gonna get the bumper molded to the frame? :?: - - will it not bolt on, or what are the deficiencies exactly on the work that needs to be fiberglassed?

i know you're gonna have to mold the side skirts on, and that takes a lil' bit of work, but damn, sorry its going that way for ya!!!

be safe - well, you're not the only one w/ the problems of the rear bumper, but your body man should be able to get it to work w/ some fiberglass and sanding to extend the side that extra 1.75 inches on each side, but the only problem is thats gonna cost $$$!!! i say u just hold on to that rear and wait a lil' bit when u have some extra $$$ to get it done----would hate to see it go to waste!!

Tiptronic
05-01-2003, 12:03 PM
they are going to fiberglass the gap where the headlight is to decrease the space.

they have to fiberglass a portion of the bumper at both outside corners of the headlights as it wraps around to the side.

they are going to to make brackets for it, so that the underside will be stable.

on the side skirts, i dont think i'll have much choice but to mold those to the body. some gapping issues toward the back doors. that will take more painting, which means more money.

once the guy gets back with me tomorrow, i'll know what i need to do. i'll probably just go without the rear for now to make sure the rest is right, then go back in a month or two to get it done.

oh well, back to the drawing board https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

Evofreak7
05-04-2003, 02:16 AM
hey guys I got my rear on last night take a look.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/evofreak7/lst?....+bumper&.view=t ('http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/evofreak7/lst?.dir=/my+rear+bumper&.view=t')

My bumper was ordered from TSP Racing and it seems to fit fine.

"and no the duck tape isn't permanent https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif "

verywhite01
05-04-2003, 03:37 AM
nice job on fittin it yourself, man if I had a garage to do that I would definatly try to fit my own kit, but dont have the garage or the kit yet.... Dose anyone know a price that is the avrage price that body shops are charging to put on our kits???

Prophet
05-04-2003, 05:20 AM
Anywhere from $700.00 to $1,000.00 depending on the condition of the kit and the needed modifications to fit. $1,000.00 is more of a average price.

verywhite01
05-04-2003, 07:24 AM
Thanks

BIGMONEYDAY
05-04-2003, 01:26 PM

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/evofreak7/lst?....+bumper&.view=t ('http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/evofreak7/lst?.dir=/my+rear+bumper&.view=t')

"and no the duck tape isn't permanent https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif "

Hey Evofreak, very nice pics of the progress with you kit. If I'm not mistaken, it looks like you got one of the better fitting kits on your hands. From the looks of the pics you posted, it looks like the rear bumper and side skirts mount up pretty good without out too much modifaction, is this true? If so I'm thinking about ordering one of these kits too.

Evofreak7
05-04-2003, 02:41 PM

Hey Evofreak, very nice pics of the progress with you kit. If I'm not mistaken, it looks like you got one of the better fitting kits on your hands. From the looks of the pics you posted, it looks like the rear bumper and side skirts mount up pretty good without out too much modifaction, is this true? If so I'm thinking about ordering one of these kits too.

Well the rear took a little bit of pushing but it got there and the side skirts seem to need a lot of work. Where the wheel wells met the side skirts is where I need to do some sanding so the body lines are correct. The side skirts seem to be the biggest problem at this point. I was thinking about making the rear a wide body with fender flares but I was wonder how to work around the rear doors. Cali how did you get your fender flares on so that the rear doors would still open?

Lazarus
05-04-2003, 03:28 PM
After seeing some pictures of the rear bumper that Sgt Bilko sent of the "initial V" rear it is apparent that the bumpers that some of you have recieved is not teh Initial V bumper. CLose but not exact. there are some differences. Just thought some ofyou would like to know. so depending on who you order it from it's not going to be an exact bold on

2k2mitsu
05-12-2003, 09:06 PM
so now that we are figuring all of this out, what is the correct length for the rear? that way, we can find out if the size is correct for future buyers like myself. also- is the 1000 estimate including paint? that seems expensive. hopefully we can figure out as much info as possible to avoid future problems. lastly, anyone know a GREAT shop in NEW JERSEY or FLORIDA? i want to get a kit put on but not sure where to go. thanks

Tiptronic
05-13-2003, 06:34 AM
i think its supposed to be 18 inches to the sides, and the 1000 price tag is not for paint

2k2mitsu
05-19-2003, 09:03 PM
mybee im the only dumbass still lost here. but seriously i need help. so who has the right kit, and who has the wrong kit? if i was to buy tomorow, where would i go?
oh, and i went to a place in ft lauderdale today, called autotronics, and the guy there said he could get ahold of cf hoods for our car for 425...thats gotta be some bullshit. never heard of a cf hood for our car that cheap. anyway, please help with the kit info

Evofreak7
05-20-2003, 01:00 AM
the one I got from TSP racing seems to fit fine for me.

http://www.tspracing.com/ ('http://www.tspracing.com/')

hang on they are now selling the full Initial V kit for $595.

DANG :shock:

bacchus
05-23-2003, 11:37 AM
i just moled min in this week........... and yes my back is fixed (CHIP) it was not that hard all u have to do is grind down the sides a lill heat up the FB and mold it in to the body ..... one u get the 4 skrews into the holes u are find... oh and u have to take off your moud gards.. u lose them. thanks for the help LAZ https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif