PDA

View Full Version : Need help with repair of 7G dash. Need help ASAP!

dasd
01-30-2013, 06:20 PM
The top of my dash around the defroster vents has curled and cracked due to lot damage at a body shop. They refuse to admit fault, so I'm trying to find a solution that would work on my 97 ES (7G). Replacing the dash would cost $$$ and be a major headache.

Someone has got to have found a fix for this by now!

Your help is greatly appreciated!

P.S. I also need a referral to a good audio tech in So Cal. I replaced my stock radio with a Kenwood system but now I get all kinds of random issues (static, humm, electrical noise from the defroster/ AC/ revving the engine.

Thanks again!

justin
02-25-2013, 08:09 PM
I'm getting a dash cover... mines did same its just from the sun..... u can sue but idk if u will win....

dasd
02-26-2013, 03:15 AM
The cracks have curled up and a dash cover would not lie flat. Plus, from what I've seen those covers never stay in place. I thought about doing the cover once BUT I've never seen one that looked good. They all look like carpet remnants.

I did see one material that might work but I don't know the correct term for it or where I could get it. It is a liquified polymer that is self-leveling and dries to the consistency of vinyl. According to Mitsubishi, there is a hard shelf under the vinyl which could support this material if I could find it. So, if anyone reads this and knows what I've talking about then speak up.

Thanks

Texasryan
03-11-2013, 05:11 AM
Dasd, are you using a connector or did you hard wire them?

dasd
03-11-2013, 06:13 PM
Texasryan,

If you're talking about using a cover, the answer is neither. Like I said, all covers I've seen look terrible and just become dust catchers. If you know of a dash solution, I'm down.

quagmire
05-21-2013, 01:07 PM
^^^

Texasryan
06-19-2013, 01:19 AM
I meant the Radio not the Dash Cover. lol....