PDA

View Full Version : PWR Windows not functioning

SVT
04-26-2003, 12:08 PM
1993 Galant with PWR windows. None of the switches seem to have any control over the windows. All of the windows are stuck in the up position. Can't seem to find a fuse for the windows. Any suggestions on where to look.

I'm not very familiar with the car.

Thank you!

ConceptSleeper
04-27-2003, 02:28 AM
i seem to be having the same problem on my 89 , except all the switches work wxcep the drivers controls!!! :x

SVT
04-27-2003, 07:29 AM
I have checked everything. The fuse in the engine compartment is fine. I even took it out and replaced it with another one, no go. The window lock button seems to have no effect. None of the switches work.

Conceptsleeper, sounds like a bad master control switch.

seth98esT
04-27-2003, 07:31 AM
did u look at the fuse box thats inside the car? im sure their is one, as their is in most Mitsus ive looked at...Usually the fusebox inside the car controls most of the inerior accessories

Rasko Da Gama
04-27-2003, 07:49 AM
Seth's right! You should chek the fuse box located under your steering wheel, next to your left knee. There are fuses for interior electrical components - and if that doesn't solve your problem, try to take out your power controls switch and check all the conections...

ConceptSleeper
04-27-2003, 12:51 PM
check, check, check i have done all those things to no avail!!! really getting aggravated :evil: !! anyone have a sitch panel for a 6g for sale?

styles
04-28-2003, 08:31 AM
maybe you could take off the door panels and see if the connections are intact. This was the problem with my car

ConceptSleeper
04-28-2003, 08:51 AM
so your harness connectors werent connected or wires were out of the connector, anyhow im still going to try that!

SVT
04-29-2003, 04:55 PM
Well I pulled the driver door apart. Checked every fuse in the car. I have no power at all at the switch. I went into the engine bay and I have power past the fuse behind the battery. Where it goes from there I have no idea. I bought a manual for the book that references a windo relay box but I have no idea where that is. Any ideas??

I'm assuning it is around the fuse panel in the car.

Faction
04-29-2003, 04:56 PM
<span style='color:blue'>It must be a relay,that happened in my mom's 92 camry</span>

SVT
04-29-2003, 09:14 PM
But where is the relay located??

SVT
05-03-2003, 08:48 AM
Called the Mitsubishi parts dealers to get a relay, figuring that I would at least be able to find it in the engine bay if I knew what I was looking for. Mitsubishi says there is no relay but there are two fuses, one in the engine bay, another inside.

Can anyone tell me if there is a relay? If so where is it? If there is an interior fuse? If so which is it? Beginnning to consider having a mechanic go thru it, just can't afford it right now. I just dumped $2000 into my SVT Contour and got engaged!!

ConceptSleeper
05-03-2003, 12:48 PM
did you check the connections on the inside of the door like someone else suggested? On the fuse block under the dash (driverside) their should be a label on the cover to tell you which fuse is which.

SVT
05-04-2003, 05:23 PM
Concept Sleeper...not to be rude, but did you even look at my last posts.

I have power at the battery.
I have power at the marked pwr windows fuse in the engine bay.
I have power at the wire leaving the engine bay to fire wall

I don't have ANY blown fuses in the fuse box in the cockpit (There are no "pwr windows" labeled fuses in the cockpit).
I don't have ANY power at ANY wire at the master switch in the driver door.
I don't have ANY power at the passenger front door.

Mitsubishi states there are two fuses but no relay. The Haynes manual says there IS a relay which controls power supply to the window switch when the key is turned to the on position (which only makes sense).

bongi
05-05-2003, 01:51 PM
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif just take out the door panel and figure out the wirings, you know the negative or earth and connect it one at a time to the different wires with engine on, if the windows are moving usually they will, it is your door controller. after a long time of abuse or use the connectors get flattened thats why when you try to press the switch it doesnt make any contact. but to be safe and avoid any short in your sytem, just clean the connectors(not the wiring connectors but the switch mechanism), and bend it a little bit that when you press the switch it will make a connection. voila, it should work!

SVT
05-05-2003, 07:59 PM
As I stated above...I pulled BOTH front door panels off. Removed the switch from the door panel. Took my power indicator test light and with the car ON, I checked EVERY wire that goes to the master power window switch. NO POWER found at any wire leading to the switch.... I really do not know how to be more clear.

ConceptSleeper
05-06-2003, 01:10 AM
i got a new switch panel from the junk yard for 5 buck and guess what IT WORKS NOW!!!!!!! i first took the panel from a friends galant and it worked so i got a new one!!!!! :?

ConceptSleeper
05-06-2003, 01:12 AM
As I stated above...I pulled BOTH front door panels off. Removed the switch from the door panel. Took my power indicator test light and with the car ON, I checked EVERY wire that goes to the master power window switch. NO POWER found at any wire leading to the switch.... I really do not know how to be more clear.

TAKE IT TO THE MECHANIC THEN!! instead of getting pissy about it, were all just throwing ideas to help!!!!!!! :roll: :?

SVT
05-06-2003, 06:05 PM
If you were throwing out new ideas then fine. But you don't even read the posts you seem to just blindly respond over and over again...check the switch...check the switch...check the switch...check the fuse...check the fuse...check the fuse....you can only check those things once. If you don't know the answer, don't just post for the sake of seeing yourself post. Guess if I was putting a coffee can tip, chrome wheel well trim or a picnic table spoiler on the car then I would have had some legitimate suggestions.

I think I have had bettter suggestions over at my car club..enjoy!

ConceptSleeper
05-06-2003, 06:24 PM
See Ya!!!!!!!!!! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif