PDA

View Full Version : cut spring,s ?

scottish ian
04-26-2003, 01:20 PM
i,m putting new shock,s on all 4 corner,s and thought i would drop it a wee bit?.But no one in scotland has lower spring,s for my 8G. I was wondering if it was safe to cut the standard spring,s a bit . If so has anyone else done this and how many coil,s did you cut off.
ive got a 98,99 model 4cyl saloon

Fishboy55
04-26-2003, 02:03 PM
Cutting the springs is not a wise idea, as it changes the integrity of the spring.

Check for H&R springs. I know they make specific models for the Euro spec Galants. I actually bought a set of Euro's for the rear and US Specs for the front to give me a customized drop rate.

I'm sure they must have lowering springs in the UK. Perhaps you can purchase there.

Ghost Beat
04-26-2003, 04:05 PM
heh i always know someone who's done stuff and let me let you know cut springs = worst ride of your life!

8ggalant
04-27-2003, 12:36 AM
what about all the members that cut the aftermarket springs...such as in the post "20 lowest galants"...ne of u guys got n/e info?...cuz i was thinkin of doin it my self...but i dunno

Khopari
04-27-2003, 12:42 AM
NO NO DONT CUT the spring,, your tire is gone be all fucked up,,
:orangeno: :nope: :decline:

scottish ian
04-27-2003, 05:49 AM
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif Thank,s for the help guy,s .After i posted this topic i got a phone call from my local wheel center telling me he can get me Eibach spring,s. he also recons a mitsubishi FTO has the same suspension set .
They can also supply me with, spax,+ H&R .
Eibach spring,s will lower rear 2"+front 2.5" £150.00 . so i think i will go with them. :approve: