PDA

View Full Version : JDM tails brake light out

Bleak
02-18-2013, 04:57 PM
Hi everyone,

I tried searching but no luck. I recently put 3rd gen JDM tails in and replaced all the bulbs with the 7443/7440s. Since it didn't ship with a harness I just popped the bulbs in the sockets that I already had and everything was working great. A few weeks ago one of my reverse lights went out. Popped the taillight out, played around with it a little, put new heat shrink wraps around the wires, and it worked great. But the other day I got pulled over for my driver side break light not working. It's the dual filament running/brake light. Anyone have any idea what could be causing it to not light up? The running lights work fine on it, just not the break.

polishmafia
02-18-2013, 09:26 PM
Its a dual filament bulb like you said, so it can still light up with one. Did you try just replacing the bulb?

oakrdrs187
02-19-2013, 10:53 AM
^^^

You sure bout that Pete, I thought bulbs lasted forever (^_^)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 like a boss!!

polishmafia
02-19-2013, 09:50 PM
You have to start somewhere. ;)

If you rule out the bulb, then move on to the socket itself. Keep going down the line until you find the problem.

Bleak
02-22-2013, 06:40 PM
I was thinking that too, but I've been too busy with work and this weather to really do much work lol. They're only a few months though so idk why it'd be the filament but who knows! I'll keep you guys posted.

Bleak
02-26-2013, 05:21 PM
And what do you know.... One of the filaments was just burnt out. I would've thought it had to be something else this early in its life but oh well!

polishmafia
02-26-2013, 10:06 PM
I love it when I'm right! ;)

Sometimes bulbs will pass quality inspection, but their filament can be weak. Its pretty rare of them to go out that fast, but I have seen it happen before. Good job getting it all figured out.

oakrdrs187
02-27-2013, 12:29 AM
Pete you're a freaken whiz kid!

Op im not surprised that's all it was.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2