PDA

View Full Version : blow off valve

one30boy
04-27-2003, 10:12 AM
I was wondering if anyone knew the difference between the greddy type r or greddy type s bov, they seem to be similar and i was wondering which one was better, also i would like to know if i could vent to atm or if i had to recirculate the air back in?

8ggalant
04-27-2003, 02:26 PM
im not sure i have a type s for the turbo set up im buildin... maybe 1 can hold more boost...

issue9mm
04-27-2003, 04:26 PM
Yeah, the Type R is designed for 500+ horsepower cars only. It's a more stiffly set BOV, and I suspect that it would be too stiff (causing spikes) for cars running less HP than that.

If you're at under 500 horses, which I suspect you are, stick with the Type S.

-9mm-

HiperSilver
04-27-2003, 05:53 PM
Type R isnt necesarily for higher hp cars. It can come with a standard spring but the valve is bigger in size so it is smarter to use it for higher boost settings. But it CAN be used for lower boost settings due to the interchangable spring.
also if u vent it into the atmosphere it is said to rich out your a/f mixture, but thats all bullshit, i know guys that run open atm and they are completelly fine.

Greddy is a more medium/lower pitched sound when it vents
HKS is a Higher pitched, PHSSSSTT pst pst sound when open atm, it has a little after "pst" after the big one if u know what im talking abotu
XS RFL-realllllly reallllllly realllllly loud, i blew my eardrums listening to this one. Guy popped his hood, had one, gets in the car, revs it, soooooo incredibly loud i blew my ears and i had a ringing for like 5 minutes. Its the loudest one, and the gayest, too much sound is stupid
hrmm..what else.
Stock 1st GEN DSM BOV-sounds and is a good bov for a lower boost setting, lower sounding, lower frequency.

Blitz-never heard, not many people have.

Id definatly get a Greddy Type S or a HKS Super Sequntial

XS has some good bov's besides the RFL

HiperSilver
04-27-2003, 06:00 PM
oh yea

TIAL-very very nice, has a largest valve out of all of them on the market and the highest flowing capacity. I heard it and it all performance, better for Higher boost applications.

Theres all your BOV reviews. im heard every single one out there, all will serve the same purpose for a lower boost setting, just sounds are different.

issue9mm
04-27-2003, 06:02 PM
I've heard the Blitz, and it's a really really loud (but short) whoosh noise. It's not as loud as the XS RFL, but it's pretty loud just the same. I'm looking into picking one up actually, since according to general concensus, it is the best for my 3000.

Oh, that was the Blitz Super-Sequential. If you want to judge for yourself, check out this page ('http://www.alltrac.net/tuning/blowoffvalve.html'), that has sound clips of all the popular BOVs.

-9mm-