PDA

View Full Version : Car died, P0301, replaced coil but still won't start

redstorm64
06-08-2013, 04:03 PM
My '05 3.8 V6 GTS died and gave the P0302 engine code. I've had this before and figured no problem, just need to replace the coil. Problem is, I replaced the coil and the car still won't start. I've also replaced all the plugs in the in the last few months (checked a couple just to double check they looked ok still). The engine will crank but not turn over and I can't get a spark from any of the plugs when grounding out to the chassis. I'm assuming the issue is upstream from the coil (possibly the reason the coil went bad) but I'm not sure what to look for. I don't believe there is a distributor on this model...not sure what else to look at. Any ideas?

Update: Check that...reading the haynes manual now, it seems there is a distributor on the non-mivec V6 engines. Don't see a way to check it though.

Update: Ok...I'm back to thinking there is no distributor. Can't find one and can't find a replacement at any stores...

Gotti
06-09-2013, 12:43 PM
No spark= timing belt broke, timing belt jumped timed. Cam or cranks sensor is bad.

I would check injector pulse while cranking.

oakrdrs187
06-09-2013, 02:39 PM
Coils = no distributor sir

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk