PDA

View Full Version : Transmission problem...

DJRINC18
04-28-2003, 01:33 PM
So I'm on way home today and I'm sitting at a light. As I take off I start switching gears and as I put it in second the damn thing grinds. Now I'm starting to notice that EVERYTIME I upshift into second it grinds. I have plenty of hydraulic fluidin the clutch and I'm pretty sure that the tranny's full. I haven't changed the fluid in the transmission since I've owned it but I don't think taht would cause one gear to grind. I need some help.

Kain
04-28-2003, 02:19 PM
Ya blew a synchro. It's easy enough for a tranny shop to rebuild. Don't try to do it yourself though, that's just asking for trouble. Should cost you under $1000 at a good shop (mostly labor) Or just snag a low-milage tranny out of a junkyard. I *think* the Galant uses the KM210, but I could be wrong. I do know it's a KM2XX series though.

HiperSilver
04-28-2003, 05:34 PM
ya im with kain, you blew whichever synchros you get the grinding in...If it does it all the time then its blown, but if it sometimes doesnt give you a hassle, get yourself some BG Synchromesh or whatever its called.