PDA

View Full Version : i want my galant to go FAST!!!!!!!!!

jiggaman
04-28-2003, 02:27 PM
i am trying to find out what all i need to make my galant 4cyl to go fast. I have no clue if i can turbo charge it but if i can where can i get them and what esle can i get for it to make it fast?

seth98esT
04-28-2003, 02:31 PM
seeing how you have a lack of knowledge, id take it to a shop if i were u and tell them u want to turbocharge it. take it to a good shop that works on DSMs, they will know what to do.

do you have a 6g, 7g, or 8g? 6g and 7gs can be turboed...8gs can either be turboed or supercharged

HiperSilver
04-28-2003, 05:25 PM
use the search button. Boost It

TWISTED II
04-28-2003, 06:08 PM
where are you located?

jiggaman
04-29-2003, 09:28 PM
i am located near philly, does anyone know any sites where you can buy stuff for galants? and what generation is a 2000 galant?

Moosh
04-29-2003, 09:38 PM
2000 is 8G

Potr
04-29-2003, 10:07 PM
go to rippmods.com and look for engine proformance parts for a 00 mitsubishi eclipse... the 99 and up have the same 4 cyl engine as the 4 cyl galant so the black box super charger will fit in it...

Alister_McRae
04-30-2003, 03:22 AM
Well, im not sure what kind of figure you want to spend on your car. Lets just assume your willing to spend around 5k, then your options include Turbo=4k, SuperCharger=3.5k, Quad throttle bodies=4k. But if you want high performance for under a grand, your best bang for the buck will be Nitrous. Kits start usually at $599, and go up from there depending on the little goodies you get with it. But BEWARE, NOS is the #1 engine killer out there if not used properly! If you do decide to get nitrous, i suggest you have the shop who is installing it, teach you how to use it, before you do spray.

TWISTED II
04-30-2003, 04:01 AM
honestly, nothing against you jigga....but you seem to be rather newbie-ish. absolutley nothing wrong with that, we all started there. but i think the first thing you should do is chill around fast cars and be a sponge and soak up information. then, i would start modifying your engine. if your just lookin for I.H.E then its all good. but if your looking for high hp...i'de really make sure you know what yuor doing before you juice your motor or something. believe me, i knew what i was doing and still blew my motor. :laughing: just make sure you know what your doing before you do anything drastic. and TGC's always there for help. good luck. :thumbsup:

g96nt
04-30-2003, 03:27 PM
not *ALL* of us Started here.....

some of us...*STARTED* here...

=0]

in either case... he's right
take your time.. go to your local performance shop.

and ask..(don't TELL) The guys.. What's avail. for your Car.
if they have no idea. you have *two* choices.

A: ask if they're willing To research power mods For your galant
B: search for a shop familiar With your motor

NEVER go into a shop, and dump a laundry-list of I wants.. and I'm gunna get's And I know everything's

they Will NEVER take you serious, and you will Get nowhere with them.
(not To mention, they're rape you like a chump =0]

don't hesitate To Ask questions here, or any other board.
BUT.. be prepared to be Flamed if you don't Take the time to read-up

I had more To say, but i'm off work.... if you have questions.. post 'em up...

TWISTED II
04-30-2003, 06:41 PM

i have no idea what your talking about.....btw, nice avatar :roll:

jiggaman
04-30-2003, 10:08 PM
yo dude that rippmods.com thing doesnt have the galants on it only eclipse's thats no help

Khopari
04-30-2003, 10:40 PM
yo dude that rippmods.com thing doesnt have the galants on it only eclipse's thats no help

Dude they both are same thing,,

Khopari
04-30-2003, 10:42 PM
if you got V6, click Below,
http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4756 ('http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4756')

if you got I-4, click below

http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6856 ('http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6856')

those 2 Thred has all the info u need,

Search Engine Must Be Down. :roll:

Kain
04-30-2003, 10:59 PM

i have no idea what your talking about.....btw, nice avatar :roll:

You must be pretty new to not know about Craig. He was one of the Pioneers of Galant performance tuning. He didn't start out at TGC, he helped start TGC itself.

TWISTED II
04-30-2003, 11:09 PM
i wasn't talking about starting at TGC...i'm talking about starting as a newbie in general. thats nice that he "started" TGC, but i'm sure he wasn't born knowing everything about galants and making cars fast....thats what i'm talking about. and i've been a member here since 01, so kain, don't go callin me new.

g96nt
05-04-2003, 09:53 AM
I didn't Start The Site....

good lord.. i have No time For *that*

but, I was One of the early guys...

I have a lot of "firsts" under my belt.. but unfortunately.. I've spent so much time trying, and spending $$ on figuring shit out....

most people take the info I gather, or knowledge from MY mistakes, and build off them.

that.. seems to be (to ME) why there's so many of you guys doing so well, with so much less effort than I...

soon-enough.. I'll not be the gineau pig... and I'll have a rip-roaring..*something*
to make y'all proud.