PDA

View Full Version : Very weird window issue!

clebrowns88
06-21-2013, 01:43 AM
I got the 99 8g. I was able to roll my front passenger window down in the past by reaching over and using the passenger window controls.

then i put in a new master switch and was able to control the pass window for a few days till the 30A Fuse popped.. causing no windows to work... me being creative just pushed the popped fuse back together to complete the circuit and allow me to open the windows again.. but i never changed the fuse.

NOW... i just put in a junkyard window regulator.. assum ing that i burnt up the motor for the window cause of the 30A fuse that is now unpoppable sincer i pushed the popped fuse back together... ALso put a good new fuse in place of the one i pushed together.. BUT IT STILL WONT GO DOWN.

I have put new switches in the door panels both sides and a new window regulator(junk yard) which ill try one more time with another regulator..

BUT WHAT THE HELL IS THE PROBLEM HERE?? I HAVE REPLACED EVERYTHING AND IT STILL WONT WORK> This kind of stuff drives me nuts when i go to a junkyard to get the neccessary parts in 95 degree weather and install it on a hot ass black top.. assuming i fixed it and once i tried to roll it down and it didnt... i want to just start beating it with a bat but i know that wont help but this kind of stuff absolutely gets on my last nerve and need help with it.

is there a fuse that could be blown that could cause JUST the pass front window to not work?? i dont think so... but i might as well ask yall...\

oakrdrs187
06-21-2013, 02:21 AM
i go to a junkyard to get the neccessary parts

Heres your problem

gallant
06-21-2013, 02:42 AM
I drive with my windows down 95% of the year
But I’ve had time when in the 5% when I have to turn on my A/C the window will not go down the next morning.
Electrical prob
First check every ground connector. Then every fuse. Then figure how old is the batt. Sounds like you have a wire not making contact causing the fuse to pop out but still work after pop it back in because it wasn’t a big wire

GET NEW NOT JUNK

ALCALA
06-22-2013, 11:51 AM
Ive been having almost the same problem. My passenger window wont go down. I checked for bad fuses and they were all good. Im assumimg my regulater isnt broken because it makes a noise when i push down on the switch. (There are times when i don't hear the regulater) I took it to a shop and the guy told me that I need to replace the main switch. I noticed that the switch for the passenger window on the main switch doesnt click when I pull up. Will that have something to do with it or could my window just be stuck on the rail. Back when the window worked, it would slide off to the side when it was almost completly closed and then it would slide back into position and close completely.

clebrowns88
07-05-2013, 01:29 PM
i replaced the switches and my window regulator. it was very simple. just make sure to tape your window up before trying to remove it or else it willl fall as you pull it out. switches also didnt work.. i plugged in the motor and tested it befor fully installing it back into the car. and id rather pay $10 for a used regulator rather than $100 for new... they have an exchange policy at the junk yard too. same exact oem parts that are on your car. when it comes to suspension... BUY NEW NOT JUNK