PDA

View Full Version : Super EDFC with steering wheel wireless remotes

mochanges
04-28-2003, 02:50 PM
These are awesome, maybe if Tein makes the Flex for the 3G we can put these on a Galant.

http://www.overboost.com/story.asp?id=1058 ('http://www.overboost.com/story.asp?id=1058')

Half way down the page.

-Mohammad

HeadAche
04-28-2003, 07:40 PM
IF Tein does make those for the 3g that would be kick ass for us, for sure..

Reelax
04-28-2003, 11:18 PM
yup. i talked to the VP of tein US at SEMA IAS this weekend and they are in developement w/ the flex system for 3G (will fit 8G). i asked for a time of availabilty and they said this year but it was pretty vague. he assured me that they would have the set since they are currently R&Ding both the US 3G and US 8G... i have his card so i will b buggin him perdically. btw street price for these units will rival the JIC MAGIC set that RRE has access to, so expect a final price of parts alone in the $2000 range for the FLEX/ EDFC system. the STREET kit will b about half the price but the EDFC may not work w/ it.

mochanges
04-28-2003, 11:29 PM
From what I have read the SS kit does not work with the EDFC. Also, remember only the Flex system has the anti corrosion coating on the threads. The Flex system goes for about 1500-1600 bucks and the regular wired EDFC is about 350-400, so hopefully the wireless system isn't too much more. About 2K is my guess also.

So Reelax, all he would say was this year? Damn, just when I thought I was done spending money on this car...

-Mohammad

Ghost Beat
04-29-2003, 12:07 AM
thats a lota loot im happy with my gc and agx for now im putting my money to my engine swap so after all that ill definately get these.

Reelax
04-29-2003, 01:10 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mochanges)</div><div class='quotemain'>From what I have read the SS kit does not work with the EDFC. Also, remember only the Flex system has the anti corrosion coating on the threads. The Flex system goes for about 1500-1600 bucks and the regular wired EDFC is about 350-400, so hopefully the wireless system isn't too much more. About 2K is my guess also. Â*

So Reelax, all he would say was this year? Damn, just when I thought I was done spending money on this car...

-Mohammad</div>

yeah mo... i wanted to jump up and down and scream but u know how slow these companies are... especially cuz the US market is not as lucrative for them as is w/ hondas. my stock shocks have just about seen the end of their usefull life (70K+ miles dropped) and i have been itching for true matched coilovers since i dropped this car. guess i can wait another year right? the worst part is i have the money burning a hole in my pocket right now but i will probably have spent it (actually i can guarantee i can't hold the money that long) by the time these come out! JIC maybe?

Danger DANJ
04-29-2003, 01:20 PM
Damn it. Reelax, call this guy every other week. I want these things now! This year could mean anything. I don't know if I will wait long enough before I get something else.

Messiah
04-29-2003, 11:24 PM
Just to add to what Reelax said, the rep also said to periodically check their website....it is the most up to date info