PDA

View Full Version : Stumble misfire when accelerating from a stop

thegalant
06-29-2013, 10:09 PM
I've had no issues since installing the outlander non mivec Intake mani. Suddenly this week as I press the gas pedal from a stop the engine stumbles or misfires. I haven't done a scan yet but I will tomorrow. It has 200k on it and original wires and coils. It's a 2.4 it has not done this before. well it's a little bit like having a cracked IM but I've checked no leaks. I'm thinking it could be the FPR but I checked it and I didn't see gas but I kinda smelled gas. I'll order a fpr since it's still oe! Uhmmm Not sure what else to write, have replaced IAC in the past and TPS. Plugs might have 20 k on them. fresh oil and filter... has had a bad catalytic for about a year now, haven't gotten one since they are around 400. It's been getting more and more sluggish over time. Though I keep good care of it.

wetamup2k3g
06-30-2013, 08:53 AM
Scan the CEL to be sure, but it's probably plugs and wires causing it, or at least it sounds like. The scanner will either confirm or eliminate that as the problem. Good luck!

oakrdrs187
06-30-2013, 09:14 PM
IIRC the tps needs to be re-wired, did you do that?

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

thegalant
07-02-2013, 10:42 PM
yeah it seems more like an ignition issue than a fuel/air issue... But My girl has been driving it and I haven't had a chance to check it.

thegalant
07-02-2013, 10:43 PM
It was working flawlessly for 4 months without rewiring the tps. I think the tps only needs to be rewired for a something else. It's been working great until now. It only happens taking off from a stop.