PDA

View Full Version : My car and rain!

jaramilloc94
08-03-2013, 07:14 PM
I don't think my car enjoys the rain too much. Every time it pours my car acts weird. First, I walk into my car and the drivers side floor front and back are all wet. Then I turn on my car and when I accelerate I feel like my belts make the loudest screeching noise for about 5 seconds. Then when I come to my first stop my brakes seem to work better then usual but they squeak loud. And finally, without my air on, air is somewhat blowing out of my vents with a sort of mildewy smell. This all only happens when it is raining! Can you guys please help me out?

Blue3000GTguy
08-05-2013, 12:01 AM
When was the last time those belts were changed? Might not hurt to do that. I know mine squeals pretty bad when rain gets on the pulleys if I have the air on. I've never had the problem with my Stealth, it's weird.
As far as the water, check your door gaskets?
My Galant does the mildew no-air thing too... still haven't figured it out, just run my air all the time anyway.

Blue3000GTguy
08-05-2013, 12:02 AM
Without knowing the details of your car, I'd definitely say change pads/hoses/wires/plugs/belts/etc.
It's a good idea, and might solve problems. Only way to find out is to try.
Check your door seals for breaks.

jaramilloc94
08-05-2013, 12:24 AM
Without knowing the details of your car, I'd definitely say change pads/hoses/wires/plugs/belts/etc.
It's a good idea, and might solve problems. Only way to find out is to try.
Check your door seals for breaks.

Well I just replaced my timing belt like 2 weeks ago, and I've looked at my door seals and everything looks fine to me. I've had a couple people look at it and they can't find the problem. I even took out the carpet and I can't seem to find where exactly the source is lol. Ahh such a pain in the ass

DEADEYES
08-05-2013, 01:43 AM
Has it ever been in a front end accident? Or an accident in general?

Because my girlfriends old Oldsmobile Intrigue flooded when it rained due to the windshield seal breaking upon impact.
front driver fender was hit and the leak was on the passenger side.
Nothing was wrong visually, but it obviously cracked enough to let water in from the rain. It wouldn't leak going through a car wash but extended exposure like rain is when it made foot pools, front and back seat.

Got it resealed and problem solved, just food for thought.