PDA

View Full Version : Sparco Pedals

Auto-9
04-28-2003, 05:55 PM
Hey guys I've been curious...I really like the automatic pedal set they have. Are pedals purely for looks, or do they actually serve a purpose? I've been told that they provide extra grip over the OEM pedals, but I didn't know if that was a sales ploy or a genuine benefit.

Ghost Beat
04-28-2003, 07:14 PM
mostly for show but some are better for grip some are very bad for grip my friend had a cheap set on his car and his feet used to keep slidin off of them.

HeadAche
04-28-2003, 07:18 PM
LIke i just bought a set of Sparco No-flex pedals, and i think they serve a purpose i guess. They give a really firm feeling when your on the pedal or the brake, dont have to worry about your foot sliding off or anything. But im going to have to get rid of them since im doing the manual swap, will need manual sparco pedals now..lol..

gost2002es
04-28-2003, 11:37 PM
dude, come on now. are you dumb? shiny pedals increase horsepower! sheesh,. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

mrjaydeeone
04-29-2003, 01:33 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ggoosstt)</div><div class='quotemain'>dude, come on now. are you dumb? shiny pedals increase horsepower! sheesh,. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif</div>

I knew I got more power with by chrome OBX type r pedals

Reelax
04-29-2003, 01:43 AM
i have a nokya set in blue adonized aluminum. they definately have a more solid feel since these are solid billet pieces. i threw out the clamps that came w/ them and drilled holes directly in my OE pedal lever for the gas and the brake plate inside the brake pedal to mount these w/ nuts and bolts. now they are completely and securely attached. as far as better than stock... not really but just keep in mind the stock gas pedal is plastic and the brake pedal has a big rubber pad around a smaller steel plate. my setup is now permanent. IMO the pedal cover mounting clamps leave too much play in the pedlas although the aftermarket pedals may offer more grip.

HeadAche
04-29-2003, 07:47 AM
i have a nokya set in blue adonized aluminum. they definately have a more solid feel since these are solid billet pieces. i threw out the clamps that came w/ them and drilled holes directly in my OE pedal lever for the gas and the brake plate inside the brake pedal to mount these w/ nuts and bolts. now they are completely and securely attached. as far as better than stock... not really but just keep in mind the stock gas pedal is plastic and the brake pedal has a big rubber pad around a smaller steel plate. my setup is now permanent. IMO the pedal cover mounting clamps leave too much play in the pedlas although the aftermarket pedals may offer more grip.

My Sparco's are the same way, there is no give in them at all.. It took long as hell to drill the damn break pedal, had to use black oxcidize drill bits for and after than i actually broke one, but they look really kick ass though..

Danger DANJ
04-29-2003, 01:15 PM
Something I had to get used to, but what I really like now, is that the pedals I have are bigger than stock and they are now really colse together. I hardly have to move my foot to get from one pedal to the other. When I first got them though, I was still hitting the gas pedal while trying to step on the brake.

JMDKID 3000
04-30-2003, 04:20 PM
Does anyone know where I can get a solid pair of Scarlet Red Sparco pedals?

escoson
04-30-2003, 04:22 PM
i use the ichibahn slant series, the thing i like about them is they have a stiffer feel, larger surface area and provide slightly better sole to pedal traction.

HeadAche
04-30-2003, 10:36 PM
Does anyone know where I can get a solid pair of Scarlet Red Sparco pedals?

www.sparcousa.com

Tiptronic
04-30-2003, 11:36 PM
mostly for show but some are better for grip some are very bad for grip .

i have some basic ones that are pretty decent. definitely helps on those rainy days

VegasMatt
04-30-2003, 11:41 PM
I put on new pedals yesterday, I had to undrill them so they were farther apart, I kept hitting the gas when applying the brake. So I just seperated them further so it dont happen anymore. They do offer better grip.

Khopari
04-30-2003, 11:45 PM
I kept hitting the gas when applying the brake. So I just seperated them further so it dont happen anymore. They do offer better grip.

yea that happen to me to,, matt, but i got use to it,,