PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions and sugestions on my setup!

paco
04-29-2003, 12:36 AM
Ok, I was going to get a supercharger but I decided it was to much money to spend. So this is what I want to do:
Stage 2 cams (RPW), springs, FPR, hi-flow cat, proflow designs throttle body, AEM cam gear, AEM pulleys and head port and polish.
I currently have RPW headers,straight pipe, AEM CAI, mandrel bent cat-back, Matrix muffler, Magnecore spark plug wires and SAFC.
What do you guys think of my set up? Any suggestions are welcome. Also to anybody that has alredy done something similar, did you have a problem passing emissions. This is very important to me, I don't want to do all this and then find out that I cannot pass emissions.
Thanks in advance

b-boy_sky
04-29-2003, 02:40 PM
Hey paco....I know a guy how knows a guy who knows a guy who can help you if you have an emissions problem. I don't know how much it will cost you but your car will be legal....

paco
05-01-2003, 04:35 PM
anybody???

HeadAche
05-01-2003, 04:50 PM
Ok, I was going to get a supercharger but I decided it was to much money to spend. So this is what I want to do:
Stage 2 cams (RPW), springs, FPR, hi-flow cat, proflow designs throttle body, AEM cam gear, AEM pulleys and head port and polish.
I currently have RPW headers,straight pipe, AEM CAI, mandrel bent cat-back, Matrix muffler, Magnecore spark plug wires and SAFC.
What do you guys think of my set up? Any suggestions are welcome. Also to anybody that has alredy done something similar, did you have a problem passing emissions. This is very important to me, I don't want to do all this and then find out that I cannot pass emissions.
Thanks in advance

I really dont think there is anything wrong with what you are planning to except you may want to invest in the walbro .255 fuel pump with the addition of the stage to cams the throttle body you wont be able to support the need for added fuel with the stock pump.. My motor like most of the people on the board know is fully built, nothing as been left out.. THe only real problem you will have is just your car sucking up gas, like a baby to a bottle.. my car only gets about 18-22 mpg and thats using 97 octane... Im not sure about the emissions thing, cuz i live out here in Florida and we dont gotta do those checks..

J
05-09-2003, 10:05 AM
if you're gonna go that far anyway and you're worried about emissions, why not just get racing car or show car status. contact dmv.

racing car, you can drive it around if it's putting out black smoke to blind everyone in a 1 mile radius.(or something :? )... then if you get pulled over just tell em you're going to have it tuned cuz you can drive it to and from track and for tuning.

show car is like you can drive it so many miles per year. but it's low like 3 thousand only.

i'm not too sure of details but i know that's what lots of people in chicago do especially if they're kickin flames, melt the sniffer tester....haha