PDA

View Full Version : Windows not working and front driver door not locking?

Gtorque
01-01-2014, 03:03 PM
Hey everyone I just got my car painted and I'm trying to get everything back and on the car. Got the car back and noticed the windows aren't working and neither is my front drivers side door lock. Every other door is locking and I can't seem to find the problem. I put a different switch on the door to see if that was the problem but still nothing. I'm trying to get my door panels back in but I can not do it if the windows don't work. Please if someone has any idea what I should be looking for let me know. Im determined to get everything back on her so it's back on the road again. Thank you

keith6110
01-01-2014, 04:00 PM
Was going to suggest that main driver door main control, but read you replaced that already. Did you check your interior fuses to see if any are blown? Radio works? Do the interior lights dim when 1-4 window buttons are pushed?

Gtorque
01-01-2014, 06:51 PM
My radio Is working. I've checked most of the fuses inside. Didn't see a problem though I will check again tomorrow. I'll check the dim dome light as well. Thanks

Gtorque
01-01-2014, 07:31 PM
Just checked and all the fuses inside the car are fine. The dome light does not dim when buttons are pushed

gojirars
01-01-2014, 09:52 PM
Use a meter to see if power is getting to the door's window motors, and go back to source. Check wiring and see if anything is missing power/not plugged in.

spdracr
01-01-2014, 09:53 PM
That means there no power to your window switches. The main switch completes the circuit for the other ones. Check continuity at the drive side window control and see if you got power there or not.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Gtorque
01-07-2014, 06:20 PM
Found my problem. After getting the car back from being painted, I remembered that my doors were taken off completely, so I checked around and found that both driver side doors were not plugged back into the harness. Tried again but still nothing. After, I remembered I seen a thread on here similar to my problem so I went and replaced that big white grayish fuse under the hood that said front ecu on the top of it. Problem solved thanks guys