PDA

View Full Version : tiptronic trans

chrisblack
03-28-2014, 09:34 PM
i was wondering if i could use a 01 eclipse tiptronic trans in my galant??? how would i go about doing this or is this a high price swap ( not worth it)

gtx
03-28-2014, 10:10 PM
You could, but it's really a waste of time. Do a manual swap, now that wakes up the car.

Black8GV6
03-28-2014, 10:14 PM
just swap in the manual trans, is there really a point to do to the tiptronic, you still have the fat pig auto transmission. I love my 5 speed swap.

GalantES-2001
03-29-2014, 02:17 AM
i was wondering if i could use a 01 eclipse tiptronic trans in my galant??? how would i go about doing this or is this a high price swap ( not worth it)

You don't need to swap transmission; swap PCM (or reflash it), change shifter (or go with paddle shifter ) + some wiring.

6G72gearhead
03-29-2014, 02:41 PM
^^^ bing, same slushbox just different shifter and programming, still equally useless.

My 01 ES V6 ran a 17.6 with a stock auto, and 15.3 stock with a 5spd swap, it will take a lot of hp gains to make up that big of difference between transmissions. Plus the proper box doesn't blow up like middle eastern suicide bombers.

So you get a more reliable transmission, that outperforms any other option, with more fun, more simplicity and better fuel economy, talk about an all around win.

chrisblack
03-30-2014, 05:19 PM
how would i go about the 5 speed swap

6G72gearhead
03-30-2014, 06:59 PM
Transmission
shifter assembly
shifter cables
clutch assembly
flywheel
transmission mount
I believe torque mounts as well (just the transmission side)
clutch pedal assembly
master cylinder
slave cylinder and lines
If its a V6 the intermediate axle for the passenger side cv shaft

If you search around I believe there are still tutorials running around on how to do it.

The hardest part is drilling out the hole for the master cylinder and getting the shifter cables out. Its really pretty easy if you are comfortable doing clutch jobs.