PDA

View Full Version : Car bogs

Galant79
05-16-2014, 07:10 AM
Wondering if someone could shed some light on my problem with my 02. On the way to work I was trying to cross the intersection when all of a sudden the car bogged down and wouldn't go. This is when I tried pressing the gas down to accelerate. If I put it in park and rev it up, I get the same thing. It won't go over 1500rpms. I know the car is getting fuel as it idles and starts fine. But I haven't seen the CEL come on. I'm wondering if this is either an spark issue, vaccum leak, and or O2 problem. Any help is appreciated. I've tried searching but I haven't found what I was looking for

oakrdrs187
05-16-2014, 11:22 AM
Sounds like a huge vaccum leak, possibly the notorious intake manifold crack.

Galant79
05-16-2014, 02:21 PM
Sounds like a huge vaccum leak, possibly the notorious intake manifold crack.

I'm going to go over the car this weekend. Thanks for the input :023:

dronesurfboards
05-16-2014, 10:31 PM
Tps might be starting to go also

kylecanthurdle
05-17-2014, 08:45 AM
most of the time with the cracked intake and a bad tps your CEL would illuminate. could possibly get a p2196 which is a system too lean bank 1. that means youre getting too much air in the system than you should. idle the car and spray some carb cleaner thru the straw at the part of the intake mani that bolts up to the throttle body. if the idle changes you have found your problem. if not, try different spots like the intake boot (have seen this go bad on different cars, worth a try too) and near any old vacuum hoses. for the tps youd get a p0121 most likely.