PDA

View Full Version : Request for Dash (Removed) Pictures

beam514
06-09-2014, 11:34 PM
All right guys, I know some of you have taken apart your dash completely, including the upper plastics with the airbag and everything. If you have pictures of the dash, specifically behind the gauge cluster and near the windshield, can you please post them? I noticed some metallic rattling back there but couldn't find anything by crawling under the knee guard or by taking out the cluster bezel. Before I go tearing apart my dash completely, I'd like to know if there is something back there that could potentially be causing this noise... or if I'm simply going insane.

Thanks!

Silvertune
06-09-2014, 11:56 PM
It takes about 45 minutes to have it 100% out if you've never done it before. I'd highly recommend just going for it. You'll learn something new and the truth is there is a lot under there that could cause the sound.

oakrdrs187
06-10-2014, 04:51 AM
Adrian its really not hard at all. 10mm with an extension will be your best friend for these job, next to a phillips. I say go for it and explore, it would be a good idea to have a friend help with getting it out of the car and don't for get to disconnect the battey before unplugging any airbag connectors.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

beam514
06-11-2014, 12:07 AM
It's more of a time/location thing than a difficulty thing. I live in an apartment complex now so my car is in a dark parking garage. I have to make trips back to my parents' house to do any work on the car really. Maybe I'll head back this weekend to try it out.

Prophet
06-14-2014, 12:10 AM
Hope this helps...

http://www.galantforums.net/forums/8g---knowledge-base/how-to-remove-dash-8507

beam514
06-14-2014, 01:54 AM
Oh nice, thanks haha. I guess I have done more of that than I realized.