PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Air Filter...

json9302
09-23-2014, 06:24 PM
What's up everyone? Been a member for a little while and obtained a bunch of great info on here. But this is officially my first post.

So over the last 6 months or so my heater/ac has seemed to lose some power (Not blowing as hard). A few weeks ago I changed the cabin air filter. It seemed to help a little for a couple days and that was about it. Could this be the blower motor going bad? Any ideas or info would be greatly appreciated.

Silvertune
09-23-2014, 07:11 PM
Resistor or blower motor.

json9302
09-23-2014, 08:11 PM
The resistor never crossed my mind. I'll go ahead and replace the resistor and blower motor when I replace the dash this fall. Thanks for the insight.

kylecanthurdle
09-23-2014, 10:11 PM
if it were the resistor that was bad it would only work on the highest setting. ive never seen a blower get weaker and then die, they usually just work or not work. if you wanna do the blower its just a few screws under the pass side kick panel and one connector. no need to pull the dash to get to it. unforunately i havent done a resistor on one of these lately so idk where exacly that is.

json9302
09-23-2014, 11:11 PM
Thanks for the reply. I had thought the same thing about blower motors (either they work or they don't)... I'm beginning to wonder if the cabin filter I put in is already trashed again. I've done a ton of wood, fiberglass work and sanding inside the car since I did the filter. I just find it hard to believe that, that would be the case already.

kylecanthurdle
09-24-2014, 10:07 PM
i highly doubt a few weeks of dust will clog up a cabin filter that quick. ive seen filters that are literally overflowing with crap that havent been changed in 120k miles still working and blowing fine. id say ya gotta look a little further into the situation and see if the fan is spinning freely or get under there with a multimeter and start probing shit.

coconut
09-25-2014, 08:15 PM
I would make sure the blower motor is not clogged up with debris before replacing it.