PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know the code for the factory cd player?

USMCGALANT
08-04-2002, 09:14 PM
does anyone know the code for the factory cd player? I had to change batteries for my wife's car and the cd player is asking for a code now. Anyone know it or where I can find it? Its a 2000 4Cyl ES model galant

mrjaydeeone
08-04-2002, 09:21 PM
every radio has its own code...

it should be on a little card that came with the manual...

its 4 digits..

if you dont have the card u have to go to a dealer, and have them look it up for you..

if I'm not mistaken

USMCGALANT
08-04-2002, 09:28 PM
thanks alot! I like how you all have your board set up good to go.

Tiller
08-04-2002, 10:33 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MrJaYdEeOnE)</div><div class='quotemain'>every radio has its own code...

it should be on a little card that came with the manual...

its 4 digits..

if you dont have the card u have to go to a dealer, and have them look it up for you..

if I'm not mistaken</div>

you know, i don't remember getting a card with mine... i'll checkagain, but i really don't think i did... :roll:

BGR
08-04-2002, 10:48 PM
Sup Devil Dog :twisted:

You have to stop by a Mitsubishi Dealer to have them reset it for you.

RedGalant2k1
08-04-2002, 11:19 PM
The Dealer can also look up the radio code by using your VIN.

Auto-9
08-05-2002, 12:19 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiller)</div><div class='quotemain'>you know, i don't remember getting a card with mine... i'll checkagain, but i really don't think i did... :roll:</div>

Hmm...I think the 2002s were the models that stopped using the radio code right? Perhaps that's why you didn't get a code...you don't need one.

manybrews
08-05-2002, 04:55 PM

only if the audio code was stored in their database when they sold the car (which almost never happens).

no, the VIN does not work. you need the serial number and the model number off of the radio, and you need to goto the dealer so they can access the mainframe in south cali...

and you will need proof that the car is yours, unless the dealership is really stupid.

Fishboy55
08-05-2002, 05:12 PM
and you will need proof that the car is yours, unless the dealership is really stupid.

Wait, let me get this straight. There really are dealerships that AREN'T stupid???? What a freakin' concept!! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Chip

Auto-9
08-05-2002, 05:17 PM
Well they don't seem to be quite stupid at all at the time of purchase...but once you get past that little hurdle it's really strange...it's like everyone has lost their brains and become ordinary human beings again.

T.S.
08-05-2002, 10:20 PM
Mine didnt have the code or the cards when i bought it, I had to go back to the dealership after the weekend was over and they had to pull the radio out to get the serial and check that against the VIN or something to get the code, then they printed me a card with the code and taped it in my glove box.

RedGalant2k1
08-06-2002, 01:32 AM

only if the audio code was stored in their database when they sold the car (which almost never happens).

no, the VIN does not work. you need the serial number and the model number off of the radio, and you need to goto the dealer so they can access the mainframe in south cali...

oops....thats what i meant.

2002GALANTes
08-06-2002, 07:08 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Hmm...I think the 2002s were the models that stopped using the radio code right? Perhaps that's why you didn't get a code...you don't need one.
</div>

you are correct they did stop using the codes in the 2002 galants. just thought you guys might wanna know that.

Tiller
08-10-2002, 11:09 PM
so us guys with the 02's don't have a code...?

so what's to stop someone from jacking your stereo then...? not that this stock receiver is a hot commodity... :wink:

Flutterbyfilms
06-02-2006, 03:15 AM
/Users/elizabethspear/Desktop/serstylz3ih8gh.jpg

SLS2000
06-02-2006, 06:24 AM
This topic has been covered before. Maybe some of the moderators can make a sticky.

I did a super quick search and found this;

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...ight=radio+code ('https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewtopic.php?t=43788&highlight=radio+code')
spetnaz wrote
"I had the same problem, i did not have the code and the radio wanted some code. When i went to the local dealer they told me it is going to be $80 F*** that! So i spent some time on the internet and this is how I got it. All you have to do is call the 877-282-2489 ext 5 and ask for Brandon, he will give you the code in seconds for FREE !!!
To get your serial number you have to slide your hands in the little compartment right below the CD player and pull your the plastic frame out (latherwood or what ever you have) you will see serial number on the top of the radio. My code was 0234.

Slide both of your hands just like in the pic and pul on the frame, you can also use a think knife on top of the frame to take it out. BE CAREFUL there are 4 clips that hold the frame, i broke one of then and had to clue it back on."

We need a sticky or tutorial with this.

GreyGoose01
06-02-2006, 09:16 AM
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...7497&highlight= ('https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewtopic.php?t=47497&highlight=')

alittle bit more recent

SLS2000
06-02-2006, 06:38 PM
Can you give out that phone #?

RedGalant2k1
06-02-2006, 07:08 PM
Now THAT is an old post hahaha...2002 wOw.

seth98esT
07-10-2006, 05:24 PM
Yup the search works. I have a friend with an 8g and here radio got reset. I will tell her to look for her card or go to the dealer. Thats pretty messed up of the dealer to charge for the number, as shouldnt it be part of the car?

Idk I guess it would be similar to charging somebody who lost their CDKey to a video game.

manybrews
07-10-2006, 07:17 PM
Yup the search works. I have a friend with an 8g and here radio got reset. I will tell her to look for her card or go to the dealer. Thats pretty messed up of the dealer to charge for the number, as shouldnt it be part of the car?

Idk I guess it would be similar to charging somebody who lost their CDKey to a video game.
thats a silly argument..

you shouldnt be responsable for losing the radio code? what about the keys? or a keyfob?

personal responsability DOES come into play here. Dont lose things and you wont need to replace them.

seth98esT
07-10-2006, 07:31 PM
Yah I understand why they do, same thing with a CDKey for a video game they charge you for another if you lost it, ect.

But if you buy the car used and theres no card in the car, you are kind of sol.

manybrews
07-10-2006, 08:23 PM
Yah I understand why they do, same thing with a CDKey for a video game they charge you for another if you lost it, ect.

But if you buy the car used and theres no card in the car, you are kind of sol.
well, if you by a car and only get one key, you're kinda SOL too..

thats part of why its a "used" car.. you want garantees and warrantees, you gotta buy new.
Plus, a little research goes a long way. Ill bet that no one here has read their owners manual front to back, have they? it does make mention of the radio in there, at which time you could go back to the seller and ask them about the code BEFORE its needed.