PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4l

Mustangfan_420
11-22-2014, 11:37 AM
Hello, I'm a newbie to this forum hence the category. I currently reside in Jacksonville florida. Okay so I need a few replacement parts due to corrosion and longevity of the car. Due to funds I haven't been able to just jump on with the replacement parts. Last night my car became non-drivable. I was going between 50-60 mph when I felt something falter in my engine bay. An abnormal heaviness came from the front of the car like the engine was struggling. I was going over the Matthews Bridge and the heaviness got worse. My service engine light came on permanently after attempting to drive up the bridge. I had my hazards on just in case. I fortunately made it up and down to my street and pushed it the rest of the way home. My ideas were something spark plug related valve cover gasket, or a coolant issue. Like I said I'm a newbie. If anyone can give me some tips or diagostics. It Would Be Extremely appreciated.

Palmz
11-22-2014, 12:21 PM
Hello, I'm a newbie to this forum hence the category. I currently reside in Jacksonville florida. Okay so I need a few replacement parts due to corrosion and longevity of the car. Due to funds I haven't been able to just jump on with the replacement parts. Last night my car became non-drivable. I was going between 50-60 mph when I felt something falter in my engine bay. An abnormal heaviness came from the front of the car like the engine was struggling. I was going over the Matthews Bridge and the heaviness got worse. My service engine light came on permanently after attempting to drive up the bridge. I had my hazards on just in case. I fortunately made it up and down to my street and pushed it the rest of the way home. My ideas were something spark plug related valve cover gasket, or a coolant issue. Like I said I'm a newbie. If anyone can give me some tips or diagostics. It Would Be Extremely appreciated.

Hi and welcome to TheGalantCenter,
If i ware you i would take the top timing belt cover of and see it the timing belt is ok. there is no way in pink hell that a valve cover gasket would do this mayby ure not firing on all fours which could be a spark plug issue but i think that the car eather broke the timing belt or it just jumped over so to speak and skipped a few teeth

coconut
11-22-2014, 01:06 PM
^x2 what he said

and welcome

Solviss
11-22-2014, 03:58 PM
Dude! Jacksonville right here! Welcome! I'm not an 8G guy but hopefully the others ideas can help

Mustangfan_420
11-30-2014, 05:00 AM
Dude! Jacksonville right here! Welcome! I'm not an 8G guy but hopefully the others ideas can help

Thanks man! Jax all the way.