PDA

View Full Version : Misfire and stuttering between 1-1.5K RPM ONLY

thegalant
12-27-2014, 04:35 AM
Soz as you can see from my two recent threads I had a no start condition and a stall condition, both fixed by replacing the new Cam position sensor. The idle is great right where it should be, no misfire, no stutter, smooth. If you press the gas pedal there is a miss and a chug while the RPM's shoot up as you are pressing the gass, this miss occurs at 1k rpm and if you hit the gas enough that is all you will get as the rpm's zoom up to 2k and above! Well. If you have to drive between 1k and 1.5k RPM's the engine will stutter and misfire very randomly. if you go beyond 1500RPM the condition goes away and just like idle the engine will run smooth like glass. This random misfiring/stutter occurs only from 1k to 1.5k .......One problem has morphed 3 times now. I'm getting closer to nailing this bitch to the cross but it's irritating as hell. It started out as a stalling condition which turned into a no start condition where it would only run for 4 seconds and stop (Cam sensor code -replacing cam sensor solved no start) and now this stutter/misfire......... New battery, spark plugs, new coil boots, I reset battery 2 times. It's been snowing heavy for the last 8 hours here, while I was working on this some snow did get into the plug wells and probably pooling some water in the plug well. My hope is that is the case, but I am doubting that it is. The misfire is at a very unique and consistent place and water would cause misfire at most RPM's. Crank sensor checks out fine, new cam sensor... Hmmmm

thegalant
12-28-2014, 12:57 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg7JKe5DkxY&feature=youtu.be

thegalant
12-28-2014, 06:42 PM
The computer is coming back with same Camshaft Position Sensor code as well as cylinder 4 misfire. I've erased and had these codes return 3 times. I suspect the 20 dollar sensor I got is not made well enough or is not for this car. I know the newer 2000's had a new double sided reluctor that improved mpg and it has a sensor to match it. Maybe this sensor is designed for that reluctor? Not sure, either way ebay sellers claims so far appear to be wrong.