PDA

View Full Version : tire air pressure question

BLsGalant97
05-04-2003, 12:26 PM
I have 17s and i noticed that the front driver side tire looked kinda low...so i filled it up......but it still looks low to me compared to the others..maybe its just me...

Anyways...does anyone know how much air pressure (i think thats how you describe it) should be in the tires for 17s...cause i used the tire gauge....and the tire thats seems low was at 40...but all the others were at 32. Why does it look low when it has more air than the other three???

PUNISHER
05-04-2003, 12:36 PM
on the tire should be your max psi it should be on the side wall. it may be just the way the light is hitting it.

BLsGalant97
05-04-2003, 12:37 PM
ok..see i felt the tire to the ground and i can barely feel like the threads but i can on the others

peanotation
05-04-2003, 01:09 PM
well, no matter what kind of wheels or tires you get and plan on getting, you should always put in 32psi for galants. it's not specific to the tire/wheel, it matches the car. and never ever feel up beyond the max psi.

BLsGalant97
05-04-2003, 01:15 PM
ok well i was bonding with the 'ol lant today (washing it) and i noticed something new everytime!!! I must be buggin out or something. I'll go let some of the air out then back to 32

BLsGalant97
05-05-2003, 11:12 AM
well this morning it seems low again...so i checked it out and it measured 24 psi...i filled it up to 32 again but when i got home ....back to 26....all with in an hour and a half.....whats wrong??? do i have a leak??

pinoyesv6
05-05-2003, 11:15 AM
well this morning it seems low again...so i checked it out and it measured 24 psi...i filled it up to 32 again but when i got home ....back to 26....all with in an hour and a half.....whats wrong??? do i have a leak??

something is leaking. i doubt there was a severe temperature change within that half an hour.

Danger DANJ
05-05-2003, 06:40 PM
There is definitely a leak somwhere. You've probably got a nail or something stuck in your tire. Or it's possible that the valve stem went bad.

BLsGalant97
05-06-2003, 11:40 AM
yeah there was a tiny hole i guess so they patched it up....but today i noticed that they put some kind of metal tag on 3 out the 4 wheels!!! They were never there before until i got the flat fixed.....they are like 4 tiny metal squars attached to each other in the inner part of the wheel but they are still noticeable...i will take pics tommorrow so you can see cause its raining right now......do you know what the tags are there for???

Danger DANJ
05-06-2003, 01:05 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BLsGalant97)</div><div class='quotemain'>yeah there was a tiny hole i guess so they patched it up....but today i noticed that they put some kind of metal tag on 3 out the 4 wheels!!! Â*They were never there before until i got the flat fixed.....they are like 4 tiny metal squars attached to each other in the inner part of the wheel but they are still noticeable...i will take pics tommorrow so you can see cause its raining right now......do you know what the tags are there for???</div>

Those are wheel weights. They are there to balance the weight of the wheel. But, are you saying that you went to get your tire repaired and for the hell of it, the shop decided to balance your wheels for you? How much did that cost or did they do it for free?

BLsGalant97
05-06-2003, 08:24 PM
well when i bought the tires i bought a lifetime warranty, so if i ever get a flat or whatever, they will fix or repair it. All it cost me was like $4. i guess they balanced them and everything then.

Danger DANJ
05-07-2003, 07:47 AM
well when i bought the tires i bought a lifetime warranty, so if i ever get a flat or whatever, they will fix or repair it. All it cost me was like $4. i guess they balanced them and everything then.

I'm wondering why you didn't have those weights on there from the beginning. When I got my 18's, the tires came mounted and the wheels were balanced. Thankfully, because of the shape of the rim, you can't really see the wheel weights.

Nick VR4
05-07-2003, 09:05 AM
Some Tyre shops use crap glue when adding weights espically on Alloys

Might have just fallen off

Silverspur
04-27-2005, 07:02 PM

something is leaking. i doubt there was a severe temperature change within that half an hour.

There is definitely a leak somwhere. You've probably got a nail or something stuck in your tire. Or it's possible that the valve stem went bad

i'm having the same problem, except the guy said my rim (stock wheel) had a crack that was causing the air to go out in my tire. now i gotta replace the wheel. maybe i'm just retarded, but can somebody enlighten me as to how a cracked rim is making my tire flat?

pinoyesv6
04-27-2005, 07:55 PM
well the air is sealed in between the tire and the rim. if the rim is cracked then air will leak out of the crack.

RedGalant2k1
04-27-2005, 09:15 PM
yeah there was a tiny hole i guess so they patched it up....but today i noticed that they put some kind of metal tag on 3 out the 4 wheels!!! They were never there before until i got the flat fixed.....they are like 4 tiny metal squars attached to each other in the inner part of the wheel but they are still noticeable...i will take pics tommorrow so you can see cause its raining right now......do you know what the tags are there for???

Those are wheel weights. They are there to balance the weight of the wheel. But, are you saying that you went to get your tire repaired and for the hell of it, the shop decided to balance your wheels for you? How much did that cost or did they do it for free?

The wheel **MUST** be rebalance when a flat repair is performed so that should have been built into the cost of the flat repair.

Silverspur
04-27-2005, 10:00 PM
well the air is sealed in between the tire and the rim. if the rim is cracked then air will leak out of the crack.

ah, i see. thanks man

Danger DANJ
04-27-2005, 11:25 PM

The wheel **MUST** be rebalance when a flat repair is performed so that should have been built into the cost of the flat repair.
For sure, but I'm amazed that they went and rebalanced the other 3 wheels too.