PDA

View Full Version : what does it mean...

2001 galant es
01-13-2015, 12:20 AM
When the car is running and it's at normal temperature but when coming to break it shakes like it's boogie fever and then kinda hesitates to accelerate. Like if it were heavy or being pulled back?.?

6G72gearhead
01-13-2015, 10:46 AM
Is the check engine light lit up on the dash?

So since your post is kind of vague, what happening is you come to a stop and the engine shakes just before the car comes to a complete stop. Once stopped it hesitates on acceleration?

Does it have a rough idle between coming to a complete stop and accelerating again?

When braking does the car shake? Or is it only when coming close to a complete stop?

2001 galant es
01-13-2015, 07:19 PM
Yea sorry I suck to explain things lol but it starts when coming to make a stop and and once stopped it shakes and rattle pretty bad. And once I accelerate to go it feels like there is a pull or like if it where heavy. Yea it rattles on the idle it's never quite sounds like a big engine but I think it is due to high milage..167*** currently.... got the the gaskets ready to "redue"my engine. The check engine don't light up no more it was on just for code reading p0421 the cat one I gutted the the second cat that goes under the seats but it wasn't to dirty and the o2s I cleaned as well and the check engine light was off and no more :D but I need to gutt the manifold one. But to gutt that one I need to remove the ac which moves the timing belt.... thank you

2001 galant es
01-13-2015, 07:20 PM
Re due I mean to re cut the heads sounds confusing sorry

oakrdrs187
01-13-2015, 08:00 PM
You suck at explaining and at cars.

Gutting the cats will not clear the code. Maybe the treatment you gave the 02's did. The cose will return amd when it comes to smog your gonna have to dig real deep to get it passed whether its not legit or you fork over the money for a new cat.

Sounds like motor mounts are gone.

coconut
01-13-2015, 09:41 PM
He confused the hell out of me.. lol

Like OAKRDRS said vibration is due to bad motor and trans mount . I would inspect those for sure and get rid of that problem. You possible might have a vacuum leak..

2001 galant es
01-13-2015, 11:03 PM
Ight then thanks jajaj I know I am not well explained but at least you guys kinda got me

:D thanks

2001 galant es
01-13-2015, 11:43 PM
Can a speed sensor make my rpm Guage not work? the other gauges works and speedometer but my rpm Guage doesn't go up only when it wants to and sometimes it will be good for 30 seconds and drops and won't function

coconut
01-14-2015, 12:12 AM
Check your wiring first at the sensor