PDA

View Full Version : Underhood fuse box - Relay schematic?

denniscariot
03-05-2015, 12:21 PM
Still on my $500.00 1999 galant and I have just a couple more questions for you folks. And, by the way, thanks for being so helpful with my other questions. 1) I can't find a diagram for the relays in the underhood fuse box. I believe my hi beam relay is shot. I have figured out where the low beam relay is, but that doesn't help me figure out where the other one is. 2) My sunroof intermittently will not open/close automatically and on closing, stops every few inches even though I'm pressing the switch. Where do I look for a fix for this? I think these are the only issues left. I gotta say, I wish I had bought one of these years ago. Great car.

oakrdrs187
03-05-2015, 01:17 PM
Diagram is on the fuse box lid.

Sunroof may be a bad switch or motor.

On a 99 I had the sunroof was very wierd. The open function closed it and the close function opens it. And I too had the sunroof open little by little, but usually after disconnecting the battery or after going a long time without opening it. It would open and close completely after fully opening it once little by little, almost like it had to relearn how far to go. And, if I went to far opening it it would close on me. Weird.

denniscariot
03-05-2015, 01:59 PM
Pretty stupid of me. Didn't think to look there. The sunroof problem seems to have rectified itself, but the car was sitting for quite awhile both before and after I bought it, so maybe it's that relearn weirdness you had. Thanks!

oakrdrs187
03-05-2015, 02:43 PM
It'll probably be back after a battery disconnect. Open it all the way and close it, do it a few times and it'll stick for a while.

denniscariot
03-05-2015, 04:25 PM
Okay, I replaced the hi-beam relay and they still don't work. Headlight switch? fuses are good.

denniscariot
03-05-2015, 04:59 PM
I should probably be more specific. When I turn the hi-beams on, the headlights remain on, but get very dim. Also, the fogs don't work, in case they could be related.

ViewAskew
03-05-2015, 05:55 PM
This might sound stupid but by chance has the bulb harness been replaced? One of my wires got cut right at the plug and I was in a hurry so ran up to the store and got the right harness and twisted all the wires together and taped them. Went to turn on my lights and had exactly what happened to you happened to me. Low worked fine but just a very faint glow when switched to high. When I finally got a chance to look at it I had two of the wires reversed and I was back flowing it. Might be worth a look.

oakrdrs187
03-05-2015, 06:19 PM
Ground.

denniscariot
03-05-2015, 06:28 PM
I'll check out both those possibilities but I also forgot to mention that the hi relay is not clicking when I turn the brights on.