PDA

View Full Version : Speed sensors

Moose
04-12-2015, 04:00 PM
Can someone learn me about the speed sensors on our gs? What each controls, normal problems they cause, ect...

I have a trans issue that ive had for a while. I read my particular problem could be caused from a bad speed sensor. I also read we have an input sensor and a output sensor, on the trans at least? But i am not finding any good solid info, ecpecially for these cars.

The trans doesnt want to shift into its final gear until its good and warmed up. It's not hanging in 3rd or anything. It's as if it has 5 gears. Kinda hard to explain.

Thanks in advance

coconut
04-12-2015, 08:45 PM
What are you working with sir?

tamim13
04-13-2015, 12:24 PM
If I remember right, Moose's car is an 03 2.4. I remember when I replaced mine, there are two sensors on top of the transmission. I had to remove the air intake assembly and they were both accessible from the top of the transmission. I don't think they were bad though. I was trying to figure out if my transmission had something wrong with them too. I think you might want to check if anything in this TSB(TSB−05−23−004REVII) has any relevance to your issue -

http://mitsupartsworld.com/Diamante%20TSB/tsb0523004revii.pdf

I'm contemplating replacing those parts with the upgraded parts in the TSB, but mine seems like it is the flare mentioned in the TSB, don't know about yours though.

coconut
04-13-2015, 03:35 PM
I have a trans with 70k miles for sale with all sensors.let me know. Need it gone

Moose
04-13-2015, 06:17 PM
Youre right, 03 2.4 auto

I dont think i have the shift flare they speak of....

My issue is the trans not wanting to fall all the way into 4th gear until its good and warm. But at the same time, it doesnt hang in 3rd. Like its stuck in between. I was reading that a speed sensor can cause this issue. It's been going on since ive owned it... about a year now.

I was trying to better understand what typically starts happening when they start to fail.

The fluid is mostly clean, still a good deep red, just a little old, Need to have it power flushed...

coconut
04-13-2015, 06:59 PM
Make sure you use the mitsubishi trans fluid..