PDA

View Full Version : High idle :

Brianguy
05-06-2003, 02:23 PM
I was reading the thread on cleaning the T/B so i bought some air intake and T/B cleaner. I did like the post said but now my car is idling at 2k RPMs in park : and in Drive its around 1200. Theres also white smoke coming out of the exhaust. what do i do? help me :cry:

Proud Galant Driver
05-06-2003, 02:37 PM
hey man, sorry i missed ur im, i left the comp and saw it when u already signed off, but idk what to tell you, im not really a mechanic at all.

ConceptSleeper
05-06-2003, 06:30 PM
what post is it??? all i could find was where it said "clean your TB". So how did u clean it? is your check engine light on?? with your earlier low idle problems did u adjust the idle at all? maybe you could put it back down to the original or a lower setting!!!

Brianguy
05-06-2003, 07:46 PM
the post is somewhere on here, u have to look around a bit. no engine light is on. i dont even know how to adjust the idle. im just a noob that knows where to put the key in :oops:

ConceptSleeper
05-07-2003, 08:06 AM
ok just go and get the service manual from your local parts store or book store and itll explain how to adjust the idle!!!

Brianguy
05-07-2003, 12:16 PM
is this just a matter of adjusting the idle? theres no other cause? the idle got messed when i spray to T/B? https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Proud Galant Driver
05-07-2003, 03:33 PM
if idle is timing then yes i believe that is all u have to do. mine was adjusted and i got a nice power boost too.

JF
06-04-2003, 12:19 PM
white smoke is not good.....check your head gasket. usually white smoke out of your exhaust is from your oil and coolant mixing. i amy be wrong but if that is it and it does go.... :shock: