PDA

View Full Version : Keyless entry for the love....

THX1139
08-26-2002, 09:51 PM
OK everyone...now what?

I just went out and tried to activate my keyless entry...couldn't get it to work. Wasn't a big shock. But what WAS a big shock is when I unplugged the grounding wire, closed my hood, and pressed the lock button on the door and nothing happened! Someone help me out here...I can't lock or unlock my doors..what did I do??

pinoyesv6
08-26-2002, 10:03 PM
so hol on ur saying u disconnected the ground wire, the one connected to the battery, and expected the power door locks to lock?

THX1139
08-27-2002, 02:53 AM
No. no. I am saying I took off the wire I ws using to ground the terminal. Man, I know I am messing this up but I'm not a complete moron....I didn't touch anything else. I am saying the car works completely fine, but my locks no longer work.

I am never going to fix this myself...I need to just go to a dealer and tell them the whole expensive story...Or I can just go have an alarm installed while I am at it and they will redo the keyless.

:redface:

nightlife
08-27-2002, 02:55 AM
i did the same thing i think. just change the fuse to ur lock in the fuse panel on the inside of the door.

pinoyesv6
08-27-2002, 08:29 AM
first i'd put everything the way it was when u got the car. secondly. i'd check the fuses. check to see if they are still good. for the keyless, i'd check the battery on the key fob, see if thats still good. uhm then i'd head down to the dealer if you can't find anything wrong and check to see even if the key fob is still prgrammed to your car.

as for getting an aftermarket system. if the key fob is the problem, you will fix the keyless entry problem but you're gonna have to use the key fob that came with the alarm. if its the car's problem then it might not work. maybe the alarm installer might fix it.

GalantT3
08-27-2002, 09:27 AM
Go to the dealer and have them look at that. Your still covered under the warranty right??

THX1139
08-27-2002, 09:41 PM
just in case anyone cares...I finally got it working. The first time I tried I accidentally touched the 16th terminal, and that blew my fuse. Replaced it and did it over and now its working. Thanks to everyone for putting up with me.

TJC
08-27-2002, 09:49 PM
just in case anyone cares...I finally got it working. The first time I tried I accidentally touched the 16th terminal, and that blew my fuse. Replaced it and did it over and now its working. Thanks to everyone for putting up with me.

Good job. It's so rewarding to DIY. :thumbsup: