PDA

View Full Version : Just put new engine in

signet
05-08-2003, 01:19 PM
This past saturday I just put a new engine in I got it from the junkyard for 500 bucks it came out of a 96' galant and had 64,000 miles on it . Started at 7am removed old motor ( spun couple of bearings) and put the other motor in and started it up and test drove it by 5pm same day a lot more pep. The 96' motor had no egr and less emmissions so I left it like that . About 2 days later my check engine light came on I'm thinking maybe o2 sensor changing that this weekend. if not any suggestions.

HiperSilver
05-08-2003, 02:06 PM
get it scanned

JiP
05-09-2003, 12:33 AM
If you kept the same ecu from your original engine...and your original had an egr system and other emissoins crap that arent on the new engine... of course your gonna throw a light. Put the emmisions stuff from your original motor onto the new one.

But ye get the codes scanned first and see what comes up..Autozone does it for free if theres one near u

Audiphile
05-10-2003, 12:40 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JiP)</div><div class='quotemain'>If you kept the same ecu from your original engine...and your original had an egr system and other emissoins crap that arent on the new engine... of course your gonna throw a light. Â*Put the emmisions stuff from your original motor onto the new one.

But ye get the codes scanned first and see what comes up..Autozone does it for free if theres one near u</div>

Get the code scanned. if its the emissions stuff, get the ECU from that 96 - no emissions crap = more powa

signet
05-13-2003, 12:32 PM
It is my bad guys it was out of a 97 galant and now my question is does that motor have more horsepower than the 95 2.4?

HeadAche
05-13-2003, 12:46 PM
It is my bad guys it was out of a 97 galant and now my question is does that motor have more horsepower than the 95 2.4?

IT should consider the removal of all the emissions your old motor came with.. If your throwin codes you definately need to get it scanned.. In most case they can erase the code and you can be on your way, unles like you said if it is the o2 sensor than you will need to replace that..