PDA

View Full Version : Another "husband" mod

GalantGirl
08-26-2002, 10:43 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry:
So today, my husband being the smart man he is....decides to exchange our nice stock headlights for the "so-called" green ones we bought off the internet. He just couldn't wait until dark...boy did he set himself up for disappointment. He acted like a litte boy on Christmas morning...running downstairs with the keys...turns the car on, then the lights, and what do you know....they don't look any different than the ones we had before! What a waste of 30.00. If you remember my post, we bought these from sweeteffects off of ebay. They have recently been suspended due to the 57 negative feedback they recieved within one month. Now, I want a refund....but no number, no address, nothing. Even when they shipped the package there wasn't a return address. What would you do? Is there anywhere you can get quality headlights for about 30.00???

Thanks again for reading.....

Black2k1GTZ
08-26-2002, 10:57 PM
Unfortunatly...most purchases off EBAY are final...not much you can do about it. And yes you can get decent bulbs for about $35...but again...I wouldnt bet on the green being legal!!!

I think you need to keep your husband away from your ride, Erin!! Lol...

Any word on that hood?? Call me and let me know...

Marc :mg:

EsRacer
08-26-2002, 11:00 PM
You can get headlight bulbs almost anywhere. You're talkin about the bulbs right? Well you can peep Ebay again and go on from there. I got mines off of Ebay with no problems at all. Their Xenon brand and do the trick, I also got my matchin fog lights that are also Xenon brand, or eurolite I think, but now they match real good together. www.xtremewhite.com is another place too, not as cheap as the ones I got off of Ebay though. Just search for 893 size bulbs and see what you come up with, and make sure to check the seller history first or you might get screwed like you did. Hope this helps.

EsRacer
08-26-2002, 11:05 PM
My badd the headlights are H4's and the fogs are 893's... Sorry.... :dumbass:

Tiller
08-26-2002, 11:10 PM
i have a set of H4 PIAA Superwhite bulbs for sale if you are interested...? they have a slight blue tint, almost kinda like HID (BMW, Benz)

PM me if you are interested... i will ship them to you for $35... they go for $70 brand new...

Misanthrope
08-28-2002, 11:21 PM
Are those new bulbs Tiller? If GalantGirl doesn't want them, I might be interested. I'm new to the site and just got my Galant GTZ, I'm a bit disapointed by the light output of the stock bulbs. I'm assuming the H4 Superwhites are street-legal in California?

RedGalant2k1
08-28-2002, 11:29 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GalantGirl)</div><div class='quotemain'>:cry: Â*:cry: Â*:cry: Â*
So today, my husband being the smart man he is....decides to exchange our nice stock headlights for the "so-called" green ones we bought off the internet. He just couldn't wait until dark...boy did he set himself up for disappointment. He acted like a litte boy on Christmas morning...running downstairs with the keys...turns the car on, then the lights, and what do you know....they don't look any different than the ones we had before! What a waste of 30.00. If you remember my post, we bought these from sweeteffects off of ebay. They have recently been suspended due to the 57 negative feedback they recieved within one month. Now, I want a refund....but no number, no address, nothing. Even when they shipped the package there wasn't a return address. What would you do? Is there anywhere you can get quality headlights for about 30.00???

Thanks again for reading.....</div>

By from www.Lightlens.com they are fast, friendly, and have a return address. Plus they have Red, Yellow, Green H4 bulbs, plus lots more.

Shylynn
08-29-2002, 11:15 AM
Damn girl sorry to hear about you getting screwed like that, ive been buying stuff off of e-bay for a long time no and have had no problems, i even got my halo gauges off of e-bay. but i always check the seller feedback and if it is a private action i dont even bother to bid, there are alot of scams on there.

any way as far as bulbs piaa's are good bulbs, but i have heard about people having there stock bulbs harnesses melting for high wattage bulbs, stock wattage is like 60/65 (correct me if im wrong) and my bulbs i think :puzzled1: are like 80/85 watts, and i have had them for 8 months now and no problems, except my foglights look like ass because they look so damn yellow now, gotta get me some hyper white fogs eventually.

GalantDoTd
08-29-2002, 12:07 PM
I bought my aftermarket (hyper whites) from sweeteffects.com and had no problems with them. The one bulb's low beam filament went out last week but I am going to send itback to the manufacturer for replacement.

Sweet Effects doesn't have the best support when you try and contact them. The phone number they list with paypal is bogus. I am reporting that to PayPal.

Try emailing them at [email protected] and tell them you are in Chicago and want to know where there store is. Supposedly they have one there. If they give you the address then you can work your problem from that.

Matt

Fishboy55
08-29-2002, 12:21 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GalantGirl)</div><div class='quotemain'>:cry: Â*:cry: Â*:cry: Â*

Thanks again for reading.....</div>
Hey GG:

OK first things first. You need to file a fraud complaint with Ebay. Click on "Safe Harbour" on the main page and find fraud complaint, or just do a search in the help section. You'll need to fill out a form and provide all the details and printouts of the auction pages, etc. Read the directions carefully, as there are a lot of things you need to include. If you paid with a credit card, contact your credit card company and tell them you want to dispute the payment. You'll need that as part of the ebay complaint. Once you have all the stuff together, mail or fax it to the address that ebay provides in Texas. They'll take over the investigation from there. I've been an Ebay buyer/seller for years. This is the best way to get what you paid for.

Secondly, as far as headlights go, check your local Autozone or other major Auto parts retailer. You'll find plenty of choices there and you have a place to return them too if they don't work. But be careful of the laws in Indiana regarding colored headlights. Call the DMV to be certain.

Finally, slap your husband, and tell him to either get his own car to play with or come on here and read before he makes any more changes to your car!! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Any other questions, just ask.

Chip

glinx1
08-30-2002, 03:26 PM
What are good foglights to get? My headlights look white but I got some hyperwhites for my fogs and they still look a little on the yellow side compared to my headlights. I also don't wanna spend too much. I bought the pair of fogs and the pair of heads for about $30 each. My headlights seem to burn out every two or three months. Tried to return them but the place I bought them from is a small independant store that give you a hard time about returning anything to the point that I don't think they would even give you a refund on a winning lottery ticket(not that I would return it if I had one). Anyways, I also seen some expensive lights that I don't like too much.

Gizmo
08-30-2002, 04:23 PM
What are good foglights to get? My headlights look white but I got some hyperwhites for my fogs and they still look a little on the yellow side compared to my headlights. I also don't wanna spend too much. I bought the pair of fogs and the pair of heads for about $30 each. My headlights seem to burn out every two or three months. Tried to return them but the place I bought them from is a small independant store that give you a hard time about returning anything to the point that I don't think they would even give you a refund on a winning lottery ticket(not that I would return it if I had one). Anyways, I also seen some expensive lights that I don't like too much.

I got the Nokya Artic White 893 bulbs and they match my Piaa SuperXtreme bulbs perfectly.

DJ Galant
08-30-2002, 04:50 PM
LOL
sorry to hear that he wasted 30 bucks for nothing

glinx1
09-03-2002, 06:47 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gizmo)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(glinx1)</div><div class='quotemain'>What are good foglights to get? My headlights look white but I got some hyperwhites for my fogs and they still look a little on the yellow side compared to my headlights. I also don't wanna spend too much. I bought the pair of fogs and the pair of heads for about $30 each. My headlights seem to burn out every two or three months. Tried to return them but the place I bought them from is a small independant store that give you a hard time about returning anything to the point that I don't think they would even give you a refund on a winning lottery ticket(not that I would return it if I had one). Anyways, I also seen some expensive lights that I don't like too much.</div>

I got the Nokya Artic White 893 bulbs and they match my Piaa SuperXtreme bulbs perfectly.</div>
Where did you get them from? Can anyone refer me to a site that sells good bulbs for a good price?

Messiah
09-03-2002, 09:09 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(glinx1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gizmo)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(glinx1)</div><div class='quotemain'>What are good foglights to get? My headlights look white but I got some hyperwhites for my fogs and they still look a little on the yellow side compared to my headlights. I also don't wanna spend too much. I bought the pair of fogs and the pair of heads for about $30 each. My headlights seem to burn out every two or three months. Tried to return them but the place I bought them from is a small independant store that give you a hard time about returning anything to the point that I don't think they would even give you a refund on a winning lottery ticket(not that I would return it if I had one). Anyways, I also seen some expensive lights that I don't like too much.</div>

I got the Nokya Artic White 893 bulbs and they match my Piaa SuperXtreme bulbs perfectly.</div>
Where did you get them from? Can anyone refer me to a site that sells good bulbs for a good price?</div>

Go to http://www.xtremewhite.com/ ('http://www.xtremewhite.com/')
They have a large selection of brand and the price is decent...not the best...but at least you'll have a general idea of what to look for...

hope that helps