PDA

View Full Version : ? about CAI"S

Titanium2K2
05-08-2003, 06:16 PM
Do CAI's serve a purpose in humid states? I live in AR where it's easily 100+ degrees with 90%-100% humidy and want to know if getting a cold air intake would be worth it. My car already performs quite sluggish due to this weather and I don't want to get a CAI if it's going to feed the car mouthfuls of hotass air. I understand that some people will say that if the car is driving at speeds excess of 50 mph that the air should be cold enough to where the CAI would perform its purpose. The air is so hot and humid here that if you rolled the windows down you'd get nothing but hot and humid air. Anybody who lives in a humid state with a CAI or anybody with more knowledge than me about this experience please help me better understand how this works. Any replies or comments will be greatly appreciated.

hsinya
05-08-2003, 08:58 PM
yes it will help.

if you already have a sri, a cai will still help because the hot air outside of the enginebay is still so much cooler than than the hot air right next to the engine.

if you have the stock intake, it will still help because instead of drawing in a tiny amount of hot air, you draw in a whole lot more hot air, which will help your car breath better (even if the air is hot). https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Auto-9
05-09-2003, 12:13 AM
It will still help. A couple of members on Club 3G tested it out in hot and humid (i.e. Florida) weather.