PDA

View Full Version : Gauge reads hot, but engine not overheating.

Galant381
07-12-2016, 11:52 AM
I thought my galant was over heating so i replaced the thermostat in it. It still read hot so i replaced the little one prong sensor and the cooling temp sensor. Still reads hot. Took it to local machanic who plugged it in a scan tool and told me it was not running hot. Computer shows proper running temps. Said my cluster was defected. I replaced my cluster and it still reads hot. Please help me im at a loss as to what it could be besides a wire. I think its the red and black wire if so i traced it as fsr as i could with out tearing out the whole harness and tore out dash and it looks fine. Am i looking at the correct wire?

tamim13
07-15-2016, 08:29 AM
Can you take a picture of what the overheating on the gauge looks like? Is it going to the red area, or just higher than half?

Take a look at this -
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?41977-8G-Engine-Overheating-during-Idle-because-fan-won-t-turn-on-(explained)

My car runs hot at times too. I have an ultraguage that tells me that the temps are around 210 maximum, so I rely on that.